August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hello Vaishnavi and welcome to the thread.Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    Don't waste these moments by scaring yourself abt labour pains.God has given women the power to bear all this and HE will be with us always.So have faith in HIM.
    Take care
    Maneet

2. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vaishnavi & Divine,
    Welcome to August 2010 mommies club. Hope you are doing well. Eat healthy food and take care.

@ friends,
    Hope all are doing well. Not able to read your updates today. Will read it on Thursday. After 5-6 today only logged in.

My update:
    Suddenly 15 th morning I bleed with urine. Rush to Gync immediately and checked Heart beat through doppler and HB was 159/ mt. she told fine and had a scan in the evening. Sca also everything came normal. But i dint see the baby. I dint ask also. She gave tablets and asked me for 15 days complete rest. Again sunday and monday morning i saw two drops spotting. Called her. She told nothing to worry and ask me for complete rest. But today i came to office coz of hectic work. I feel tightness in tummy sometimes. I am feeling baby movements but not often. dont know whether it is my psychological feeling? Please friends pray for me and my LO. again my appoinment will be on 30th.

Please friends pray for me.

3. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

one more week to complete my 5th month :) i'm not feeling kicks yet...once in a while i feel that pop ups in the stomach :) just waiting for those movements.

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

priya
    did doc talk about low lying placenta?
    seems this happens to people who have low lying placenta and all that you gotta to do is take ample amounts of rest
    take care

5. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hello Priya...
    There is no need to request us for Praying. Everything will be alright. I have heard some people have spotting & bleeding through out their pregnancy!!

During second trimester cervix starts to become more & more sensitive, even intercourse can cause such spotting for some people and one more thing is you are already in 21st week..so such negative thoughts can never happen dear ...so relax & enjoy. Don't strain yourself much, baby movements would be irregular during this time...so just wait to reach 26/28th week where you can enjoy regular baby kicks & movements :)

Take care & take more rest :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Divine84 & Vaishnavi,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies... You can find our forum guidelines here...

Congrats on your pregnancy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy!

7. vaishnavidurga

vaishnavidurga New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Dont worry about the spotting. My friend too had spotting in her 5th month and she has a cute boy now. And i am also in my 21st week. Even i dont feel the baby movements everyday. But i feel them occasionally.
    Dont worry my prayers for you.
    Everything will be alright .

Vaishnavi

8. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hey Priya
    Our prayers are with you.You just take rest and try to take leave from the office.Don't stress yourself and believe in GOD.
    Maneet

9. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaishnavi, Kootagirl & Divine, Glad to see you girls in the club! Welcome :)

Priya, dont worry...slight bleeding / spotting is more common than we think. My sister had this during her pregnancy and was advised to take bed rest. Follow the doc's advise & take good rest!! Our prayers are with you!!

My update: Met with the dietitian again and she thinks that I can control the GD with diet alone. Asked her if I can have a little more breakfast since am feeling really hungry & nauseated. She says a big NO.. So I have to continue the same thing till the end & keep up with the monitoring 4x a day.

Starting week 24 now :banana really exciting.. I can feel baby movement everyday now...and kicks are also getting stronger than before.. will have another scan between 28-30 weeks to check development (because of the AFP positive) cant wait to see the little one's gymnastics :)

We did our first shopping for our boy yesterday.. went to babies r us and got a travel system.. this is the one we got - Graco Stylus Travel System - Ben It includes Snugride 35 infant car seat and the stylus stroller from Graco... We were deciding between Chicco & this system, ended up buying this one after seeing both in the shop!

They have so many cute things for the baby, its so hard to NOT buy unnecessary stuff...!! Need a lot of will power to walk away from that place :bonk:bonk

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  10. Kootagirl

Kootagirl Silver IL'ite

hey vids,
    Good to know about new updates. One question.. u have mentioned AFP test came positive, is this test for down syndrome?Did u take other test after getting this result? plz let me know regarding this.....
    Did u choose name for ur baby?take care..