August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hi Mausumi,
    Congrats & welcome to Aug due date club :)

Take care

Hello Hansika,

how r u? So what was sugar level test results? hope it's controlled. Did you finish shopping?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  2. sumasandeep

Hello Vids,
    How r u? Howz new diet chart? Happy to know that sugar level is in normal range...keep going dear ...soon you won't be needing any insulin.

Hmmm good you have started feeling those tiny tiny kicks regularly...me not that regular ..once in while i feel that pop corn popping :)

Braxton hicks are like "Rehearsal" before labor!!! My friend told it's like 10 times that of cramps you get during menstrual period!!!! with lots of pressure!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. sumasandeep

Hello Maneet,

How r u? I heard Braxton Hicks are supposed come around 6 month end or so...you are scaring us by telling about this early!!! :(

My friend Dr. Preethis (IL Mod) she too is carrying & is in 35th week, she had braxton hicks...listening to her make me nervous...anyway keep changing the position when it occurs do take care. Sometimes it happens if dehydration occurs ..so keep drinking fluids

4. sumasandeep

My Update:

They Removed my Pick Line (IV Line) vomiting is getting controlled & i'm able to drink & eat to good level now. But my arms look so ugly :( the portion where the pick line was removed & surrounding are infected & i know it will definitely take long time to heal :(

My nose is getting bulge little started luking little awkward & dark :) even blackheads over face & neck :( My Son has started stealing my beauty :) still 4 months to go....how would I like by the end???!!!

My next appointment is on Apr 21st, has i had severe nausea i am having every 2 weeks appointment from the beginning. Last appointment was at 7:30 am so i just had milk & sugar while going & there they found little sugar in the urine & took blood sample for GT...but result was normal. I told them I had milk & sugar ...but still they like so worried my Cond. :)

I get to hear my lil one's heart beat every time i go :) this time it was 165 :)

5. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hi Sumasandeep
    Good that they've removed that IV line.I hope you are feeling much much better.Do take good care fo urself.
    About Braxton Hicks contractions they start ataround 6th week but ladies can't feel them until quite late around after mid pregnancy.Actually they are not painfull just uncomfortable.I checked it on internet and my symptoms look like those BHC's.But I'll surely ask my doc regarding this.About dehydration being the reason I am not aware but I will try drinking more water.
    Vids
    BH contractions feel like some ball stuck in your tummy(for me atleast its like that)and it becomes very hard there for a few seconds then goes away.
    Maneet

6. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Suma, I am not using insulin now :) I am having GD but doc asked me to try diet for a week...which itself seems to control the GD. So guess I wont be needing it as of now anyways... But I read that GD peaks at around 28 weeks only..So maybe at that time, i'll have to be extra careful.

Good to hear that your IV is removed. Big relief!!! And glad to know that your glucose test was normal too..Believe me, dieting sucks!!
    Dont think I have experienced BHC yet..!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  7. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends, how you all doing? WOW, so many posts and happy to hear that all of you are doing so well. hope everyone is feeling baby kicks by now.

I went to Gyn appointment yesterday and i found that i gained about 148.3lbs. Initially i was 125lbs. I guess i have been eating too much carbs nowadays. i have to go for GD test and anemia on May 1st.

Could anyone help me with proper diet to control my sugar level and increase my iron intake? My parent's are type 2 diabetes and there is a chance that i'll also be one if i didn't control my diet. what is the correct portion to eat carbs. I love idli and dosas so much. How many Idli or dosa should i take for breakfast? and what kind of food do you recommend for dinner? i'm not trying to lose weight here. just to control my sugar level. please share your inputs on eating healthy portion.

Also
    I live in a single bedroom apartment....there's only space left for crib in our bedroom. I'm so clueless on what kind of crib to buy and from where. Has anyone bought crib, bathtub and changing table yet? how much usually a crib with mattress costs?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  8. sumasandeep

Hi Maneet, Thank u u 2 take care of urself . Do update on BH!!!

Hi Vids....happy to hear that u no more need insulin...even after 28 weeks i'm sure it will be normal :) keep the diet routine, i know it's really difficult still only 4 more months to go right? :)

Take care, Happy Weekend

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
  9. sumasandeep

Hi lalitha :) nice to know the weight gain...till docs are ok with our weight gain then its not a prob ;)

May be Vid's last post could give you more light on Carbs/sugar controlling diet. Please do check
    and as per my knowledge to increase iron intake spinach is the best source for Indians.
    other than that you can eat kidney beans, Raisins, Green peas, Broccolli and Tomatoes

10. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

This is the carb counting calculation (as per my dietitian):
    15 grams of carbs = 1 carb choice.
    7g protein = 1 protein choice.

1 dosa / 1 idli / 1 chapati is considered to have 15g of carbs...so this is 1 carb choice. (Dosa & chapati - 6" across)
    1/3 cup cooked rice is 1 carb choice.
    1 glass milk -- 1 carb choice
    small fruit (apple/banana) - 1 carb choice.
    1/2 cup dhal or 1 cup sambar - 1 carb choice.

For all the food items that have labels, you can see the total carbohydrates label -- if it is 15g -- its 1 carb choice.

Foods that do not count as carb -- meat, egg, cheese, most vegetables (except potato, green peas & such starchy veggies)... you can google for more info. Meat / egg / cheeses however have fat/protein...but for sugar level control we need to count only carbs so eating these wont affect sugar level much...(Of course, we'll put weight because of the fat content though if we eat too much) Best bet is to stick with lean meat if you are non-veg, or lots of veggies if veg.

For my GD, the dietitian recommended 2 carb choices for breakfast (30g). I have posted my diet in the previous page. Do check it out. Its the carb distribution for the day. This is personalized for me, since I have GD.
    Dinner is 4 carb choices meaning I can have 4 dosas (yeah, breakfast is just half of dinner). The dietitian also said that if we have GD, the body will not process glucose properly in the mornings..hence the breakfast limit I guess.
    I also have 3 snacks in total - one between breakfast & lunch; one between lunch and dinner; and one after dinner during bedtime. Snack should have 2 carbs and 1 protein choice.

Avoid drinking fruit juices / regular soda...avoid using direct sugar as well.

Since you dont have GD, you can alter these as per your preference. But this is the gist of the 2-hour class that I attended!!
    Hope you wont have to do any of these! Good luck on your test :thumbsup

OOps, sorry for such a big post...didnt realize it till I finished it...!! :bonk Hope it was of some help!!