August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Hi Suman
    i can't find words to describe my baby. the baby's head is round. and i could clearly see the heart beating. and the little hands they were so cute.:)
    regarding the cerclage i have no idea. my doc said my cervix length is short. its 41mm. it should have been 45mm. what she told me is that my cervix length is that of an 7th month pregnant lady one. it increases the chance of a preterm baby. so she'll put in a stitch. till now i am in complete bed rest. so i think they'll continue with the bedrest. they'll remove the stitch at 36 weeks only. so another 15 weeks of complete bedrest. :drowning
    i just want to go shopping tomorrow before my dh comes here. i urgently need somethings and i can't trust others to do that properly. so keeping my fingers crossed that nothing will happen to me tomorrow.
    after my previous miscarriages i would be very grateful to hold the little one in my hands.
    hansika

2. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Hi Suma, Thanks a lot for your inputs. No, my parents don't have diabetes. My grandma and uncles have it - maybe thats why. I wasn't overweight before pregnancy and in fact lost around 5 pounds in first 4 months because of vomiting. The gyn says that its mostly genetic and many Indian women get it (!) I am meeting with the dietitian on Monday. Will post the diet once am back!

Hansika, sorry to hear about the stitches. But everything is for the baby so just few more weeks! My sister also had the stitches and was in complete bed rest (no walking even to go to the loo!! we used bed-pan for her!!) She had a healthy boy & my nephew is now almost 10 years :) So don't worry about anything - relax now and sleep loads :) Once the baby comes, it'll be difficult to take rest!!

3. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

So nice to read about the baby's description :)
    Don't worry about the cerclage, it will be fine.. make sure you'll be on complete bed rest. Remember if you don't take bed rest you'll be hurting the baby.Some say taking bed rest actually make delayed delivery which is good in your case (if you are on bed rest weight does not fall on the cervix) so please be careful & take rest.
    And one more thing is have no sex (Don't take it personal please)

About the shopping you are talking before DH arrives may be if someone accompanies you while shopping would be better. Just trust GOD. Everything will be fine.

4. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

Hi Vid,

even i lost 5.5 pounds in first 4.5 months :( but now i have just started gaining weight. What about your weight gain?

5. simply_doubtful

Suman,
    We didn't have intercourse since the day we suspected pregnancy.
    Hansika

6. simply_doubtful

Wow no walking and using a bedpan. Oh Vids, I just hope it won't be so for me. for one thing my mom can't function properly in summer and its hot here. and my dh works in chennai and i stay in hyd. it would be terrible for my mom to do everything.
    Hansika

7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

I Am also thinking that. But dont know here i India, they will give or not.

8. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Hansika,
    I am very curious to see my baby also after reading all. Take atmost care while shopping. Hope somebody accompany you. I am also in the same boat. cause of my previous experience keeping fingers crossed each nd every second. Just trust GOd. Sai never leave his children.

9. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Even I too lost 4.5 pounds in first 3 months. after I gained lot. Doctor asked me not to gain that much in my next visit. So limited my rice intake.

10. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

I have gained quite a bit and am now around 4 or 5 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight!! Doc says its fine and since there is less than 20 weeks to go, I guess one pound per week is okay to put on!! (However, wont be eating as per wishes 'coz of my GD)

I met with the dietitian today and they have a given this plan for me:

As soon as I wake up - Take fasting blood sugar level and ketone level
    Breakfast - 2 carbs; 1 protein; 1 fat
    After 2 hours - Check Blood glucose level
    Snack - 2 carbs; 1 protein
    Lunch - 3 carbs; 3 protein; 1 fat
    After 2 hours - Check blood glucose level
    Dinner - 4 carbs; 3 protein; 1 fat
    After 2 hours - Check blood glucose level

Absolutely zero direct sugar / fruit juices / regular soda. SIGH!!! :spin
    And I thought eating 3 or 4 dosas is fine for breakfast :bonk:bonk (1 dosa is 1 carb equivalent)

Got to do this diet for a week (and do walking as well) and check the levels regularly. Based on the results, I guess they will decide whether or not I need insulin. Hoping that the GD gets controlled with this diet & walking!! Lets see!!!

On a brighter note, I feel our baby is doing more kicking around nowadays :) Anyone else feel the same?? DH felt the kicks too when he was having his hand on my tummy.. ooh wonderful moments! :)