August 2008 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Amicable, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Re: August 2008 Mom's & other months

Hi Nikath, ampu and all...

How are you all doing? Nikath long time...how have you been. You must be glad to be in India near your family. Since second and third trimester is fun, you must be eating lots of goodies. Have fun and keep yourself well hydrated.

I am doing good, started 33 week from yesterday. I failed my GD test, so going for 3 hours GD test this friday. I hate fasting, as I feel more hungry now a days.

Ampu....my anxity level is going high too. My mom is coming in the 38th week. Now I feel, I should have invited her earlier. My doctor told me that I might deliver week or two week earlier as the baby measuring little bigger. So, now my only concern is what if I am home alone and go into labour. Tummy getting bigger, changing position at night time is becoming challanging. I have to tell my husband to push me out of bed, wish if we have a sling bed or hospital type bed with railing.

Weather is really hot, but I am not complaining, because I love summer. How was everybodys long weekend? We went for picnic and firework party on 4th of july and then sat. sunday went for baby's shoping. Tried to finish lots of things in two days. Still few big items have left. But I feel ready for the baby now atleast I got little items ready for my bub.

Alright ladies, that was update from my side. Let us know how are you all doing. O by the way Ampu..eat 10-20 plain almonds a day, just keep chewing them and also eat small proportion of food, will help to stop vomiting. Its helping me actually. Take care all.

2. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Amicable:

Sorry to hear tht u've been facing a tough time towards the D-day. Dont worry, u can celebrate well once ur bundle of joy is here. I was away due to flu for a little while. Am posting a link to some good exercises, these helped me control weight gain of the baby. May be u can check with ur obs before u start them:

Four exercises to ease aches and help with labor - BabyCenter

Hope these help. Often breathing exercises also help to control sudden weight gain. Relax n prepare for the arrival of ur mom n ur motherhood!! ;)

Take care.

Cheers,
    Nik

3. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi august mommies,

Me doing good and nice to hear from you too. Third trimister seems to be bit heavy then second but ok....the D day is coming closer right so I forget all the pain I feel now.

My nausea and vomtings returned back which I had in first trimister but doctor says its common. As I was getting pain when I vomit doctor has suggested some blood test to check liver and pancrease infections. Have doctor visit next friday hope the reports are ok. Amicable I am trying to have the almonds ....hope will get adjusted to food soon.

Feeling bit heavy as the baby is growing but managing to go for walk and shopping things.Making a list of all the things which I am planning to buy for baby.My parents will be coming in 3 weeks so excited about everything.....

I am in my 33rd week and at times I feel baby head has turned down..but at times i feel it on side. How about you all? any change in baby position .

Wish you all becoming moms good luck and good rest and a smooth pregnancy period.

-Ampu

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  4. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good. I have my doctor appointment tomorrow. IN my last blood test the white blood cells count was not normal so might be the doctor will advice me something.

Amicable ....you too have your 3 GD blood test right tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. Good Luck....and take care of diet food tonight.

Wishing all august mommies good luck.

-AMPU

5. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi August to-be-mommies:

Has the countdown begun for anyone?? If so please share ur experience, coz it is very difficult to wait. Am sure it is the same for most moms.

Take care
    Nikhath

6. dreamscometrue

dreamscometrue New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am in my 27th week. Though I don't belong to August due date club. I have a question regarding GD test. I came to know I have high glucose from my one hr GD test. i am going to take 3 hr test this thursday. I am little scared now.bonk

Amicable, I see your post that you went thru 3 hr test. How were the results? How are you following your diet? Any modifications after the test. Please let me know.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  7. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi August Mommies,

I have entered my 35th week....all excited about the day..Hardly one more month to go. These days I am not able to sleep well...guess it will become worse as days pass. I have got weekly appointments from this week.

Waiting for my parents from India and for the D day.

Amicable ...how are you doing? how is the GD control going on. Hope you are taking good rest and doing good.

Keep posted all August Mommies.

-Ampu

8. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Ampu and Dreamcome true...

Thank you for asking. My diet chart is not really working. Actually its me, not working hard to control my diet. I am not eating sugar but I can't live without roti or rice and it got more carbs than anything. Other stuff doesn't make me full. Before breakfast under 100 and after meal it should be under 120, mine is always around 140 something, which is high. If I don't eat good food, I feel dizzy. And its hard to change in diet and counting the protiens, carbs blah blah. I am going to see my nutrionist this friday. I am not sure if she will put me on medicine for that number or not. I am 35 weeks and 4 days today, hopefully next 4 weeks will pass by fast.

Dear Dreamscometrue..

Congrates on your pregnancy. As far as GD test for 3 hours, hope you will pass that test. Don't be afraid. Its same kind of test, all this time they will give you 75 mg. sweet syrup and every hour they will draw blood to check the level of sugar. The only bad part is its boring to sit there. But in my case, I got free in 10 minutes, because as soon as I drank that syrup I threw up and they cancelled my test and declared that I might have GD without checking my blood test and send me to the nutrionist. Which I went last week and she told me to check my blood level four times a day with Glucose meter (poking finger is not painful as it sounds). And follow the diet chart.

As far as my diet control, I explained above how I am doing. I am sorry I am such a bad example. So, you please listen to your nutrionist and watch your diet, because you still have to go far and GD can defintly effect on the baby's weight. And if you don't then the chances are deliver early and most probably go for C-section. Try to avoid both circumstances. I am sure you will get lots of motivation from other IL's. Don't worry about your rest, you will be alright in any case. Take care.

9. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Nikath...

How are you. My countdown begun from the day one I got pregnant. Just can't wait to hold my baby. I have about 4 more weeks to go and I am very tired of being pregnant and getting anxious day after day. I have set my baby's nursery, which he is going to share with his grandma (my mom, she is coming second week of august) she is staying with us for three months. Actually I bought bassinett so that baby could stay in our bedroom and after 5-6 months I will transfer him in his bedroom's crib. His room is all set and all the toys and stuff waiting for him anxiously. I don't know about others is thought of labor scaring you girls or am I over reacting. My husband says go for C-section if I am concern. But..... I don't know which is better.

Nikath how much time do you have left? Take care.

10. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Amicable and other August Mommies:

This last stage of the pregnancy, am sure, is the most difficult part for all of us. Never ending wait, unbearable pain, sleepless nights, parenthood fears and ofcourse labor scares. Wish a fairy could come down with her magic wand and solve our probs. But lets grow up girls, am sure, alls well tht end well!!

Yeah, Amicable even I cant wait to hold my li'l one, touch him n hear him. I bug my obs everytime about the delivery date. Nature is trying to teach, we the prospective parents, the virtue of patience. I've eventually concluded that let the baby come, when he/she is fully ready and most suited to face the grims realities of the outside world. After all he/she is most protected within us.

Amicable, would like to share another thought about the C-section. altough it might be a pain-free procedure, but there r many side-effects to it. You owe to the li'l one who you have protected so far, a procedure designed by nature. Think of it as the first best gift tht u give him, so wht if u have 2 bear pain for a few hrs, u r gonna be a MOTHER after all. Dont wanna scare you with the cons of C-section, but it is best avoided. Do take some time out to browse the net about it.

Take care all!!

Have a safe childbirth!!
    Nikhath