August 2008 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Amicable, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Re: August 2008 Mom's & other months

Hi All august mommies....

Me doing good completed glucose test and RH negative injection last week. Waiting for the glucose blood test result.

Getting distrubed from sleep at time during night and still have vomitings now and then. But on the whole seems good everything going fine. From now I have appointment every two weeks.

I wish you all august mommies a good health and happy pregnancy....

Hope Nikhath will find good doctor and get set for the D day......Have A Nice Time All Of U :):)

-AMPU

2. RevathyAnand

RevathyAnand New IL'ite

hi all august mommies,
    Congrats for u all! I'm new to Indus Ladies and joining this August Forum since ihave got my due date on August 22nd. I'm in my 28th week. I'm enjoying my pregnancy from the beginning since i dint have any symptoms like nausea,vomitting,etc, not even a day! (Touch wood!) I'm able to do cooking and other household work ormally...not feeling much tired n all.... Thanks to god for helping me to move till 2nd trimester without any worries and problems!

I'm working in Software. so my only concern is i feel im not getting a good exercise as i cant get up early in the morning for a walk. I do some household chores wen i'm at home.

Is it true dat I will be having Normal vaginal delivery only if i have good physical exercise? I'm worried about dat.

For working women... and if u r in Software or any other job where u have to continuously sit and work...from my experience so far...u can avoid leg swelling to some extent if u have ur legs raised from ground and rested. Like..u can have a small chair or stool at ur workplace below ur chair, raise ur legs and place them on the small chair. Also drink Barley water twice a week. it helps to remove excess water from ur body and avoids swelling.

Take care all!
    Wishing u all and ur babies a good health and god's blessings!

3. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hello all....

Good to see more people joining august month. My updates are I am in 29th week, going for ultrasound level 2 again on 24th this month, last time I had level two U/S my baby was breached, so hopefully he has or will change his position in coming few weeks. I really don't want to go through C-section, even though natural birth is not easy. So, crossing my finger the baby will coperate. And on 27th I will be 31 week and few days up, I am going for Glucose tolerance test. I am defintly eating more sweets since I got pregnant. So, little scared of gestational dibetes and heard those sweet drinks are horrible almost make you vomitt. So praying everything will go well in my next appointments. On 28th is my Baby shower....really looking forward for that and very excited.

Does anybody has more leg cramps and Braxton Hicks contractions more often in the third trimester? I am having this alot. My doctor says nothing to worry about just drink lots of water. And one last thing, have you girls bought or going to buy carseat-stroller combo and crib- mattress yet? If yes, please let me know which one you are buying, We are going to buy few major items soon, so really want to make sure I spend the money wisely and safe things for my baby. Rest everything is fine with me and baby. Take care all and keep in touch.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  4. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Tx Ampu for your wishes, I will be visiting one obs 2moro.

Welcome on-board RevathyAnand, it wonderful 2 hear tht u had a smooth sailing ride so far, wish u the same for the rest. I was earlier working in IT n can understand the lifestyle. Often walking in the night can help relax n boost health.

Hi Amicable, good to hear from u. Yeah i did feel BH contractions n do get leg cramsps, but a cup of warm milk before bedtime really helps a lot.

Take care.

Cheers
    Nik

5. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

6. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Amicable,

Good to read ur post. I'm now in B'lore with my parents since a week. I did find a good obs n checked the progress of the baby. Both of us r doing fine except my slight high BP (mum's food n love u see ;) ) In S'pore, we've been taught some urine incontinence exercises. Ever since I've been doing tht, my bathroom trips in the night have reduced.

As with regards 2 nursery, it is considered inauspicious to prepare for the baby before his/her arrival. I'll visit ur section once my li'l angel arrives. The baby would be dressed usually in a older sibling/cousin's clothing for the first week.

Did u try warm milk before bedtime for leg cramps? Hope u feel better soon. Take good care.

Ciao

Nik

7. ranjani_kurumet

ranjani_kurumet New IL'ite

Hello,

My EDD is aug 28th.
    In the process of looking for a cute name.
    shortlisted Akshara,Nidhi,Aditi,Lekha,Kushi.
    I like Akshara.What do u think.

8. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Ranjani....

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Pick the name you and your husband like most, rest what others says I won't really care. But if you still need some votes...my vote goes for Kushi. But please do whatever you like.

Me and my husband we both decided the name. We didn't even ask for anybodys choice. We just declared the name we choose. Take care.

9. ampu

ampu New IL'ite

Hi August Mommies ,

How are you all doing ? Getting ready for the D day. For me as days come to end feeling more eager for the day. Looks like time is dragging. Third trimister starting seems to be ok for me expect that my vomtings are back again. I had severe vomtings in first trimister but got ok in second.

I hear elders saying walking is good excercise in last days. How much should we walk per day any idea?

One more quick question is about diet how are you all eating? For me looks like food intake got reduced when compared to second trimister. Doctor says weight gain is normal so nothing to worry about.

55 days to go still.....................Big Laugh hope time flies fast

I Wish All Mom's A good Time.

-Ampu

10. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Ampu:

U seem to have reflected my thoughts. Indeed anxiety n eagerness about the D-day gives sleepless nights. Time seems 2 have stood still.

I guess 20 min walk morning and evening is what most of the doctor's recommend during the last trimester. As regards to food, eat small portion size every 2 hrs. This will keep you nourished as well as prevent excess weight gain. Ofcourse, dont bother about weight gain as it is the baby which is getting bigger. Drink lots of water and fluids.

Take good care!!

Hope the other Aug mommies are doing well too. Do write in!!

Cheers
    Nik