August 2008 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Amicable, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Re: August 2008 Mom's & other months

Hi Ranjita...

Congratulations to you too. My experience in first trimester was bad nausous, vomiting, moody, no appetitate and no sleep at night time and I still have less sleep at night time. Doctor don't know the reason. I am a housewife so I usually take some nap in the afternoon. Basically first trimester was very exahusted and tiring. But I am glad now things are getting better slowly, but atleast I feel hungry and keep the food down. Some days i do throw up but I recover fast now, before I used to feel very very week and I used to say that.. ..I will never get pregnant again :) . Well, I think first trimester harmones makes you say that. One thing since my second trimester has started I feel very bad taste in my mouth after throw up. So for that I keep sucking the hard orange candies, it helps somewhat. Doctor says its all harmones, so nothing to worry about.

I am in my 17th week now, I do feel fluttering in my stomach and sometime sharp pain like something hitting for 2 seconds and when I change the position then I don't feel the pain. I don't know is it too early to feel baby's moving or it could be ligament stretch. Do you feel that too, or is it me only?

About the swolloen legs, luckily I don't have that. While your job requires lots of sitting, do check with your doctor, don't take it lightly. Your doctor can suggest you few excercise while sitting. Read more websites related to pregnancy, I am sure you will find some information on that too.

Take care and keep posting about your experiences here. Good luck.

regards

2. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Amicable:

Trully, the second trimester is quite a relief. I'm in my 18th week now but can only feel butterflies in my tummy. Yeah the pain u described is ligament pain. Dont worry it will soon fade away.

Take good care!!

Nikhath

3. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi Ranjitha:

Congrats on your pregnancy n welcome 2 the club!!! I too often have swollen feet. Try to increase your water intake. Whenever possible try 2 lift your feet up while sitting. Some companies often have a foot rest for such requirements. You may ask for one.

Take good care,
    Ciao!!
    Nikhath

4. MOM 2 BE

MOM 2 BE Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

So nice to see this thread. Well congrats to all mom 2 be's. And i am in the club too!!!
    My EDD is August 20th 2008!
    The waits exciting as well as scary.

Take care all.
    Maya.

5. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Maya....

Congratulations...and I am glad to see more August mommies in the club. Its great to share the experience with you all. And maya don't be scared, just think lots of women have gone through this and they are happy in the end when they hold the baby. These days, lots of medical help is available, which makes it little less painful and wonderful experience. Yes, this nauseous/vomitting or ligament pain here and there, everybody has to go through but I guess its all worth in the end. Labour pain do scare me too, but I have heard with epidural it become less painful.

I have one question, since my second trimester started everytime I throw up once or twice a week now, but it leaves horrible horrible posionous taste in my mouth for day or so. Even though I keep sucking the hard candies, but still this taste makes me throw up more. If any of you have such symptoms? My doctor says its normal, is it really? And how about you, are you still throwing up or stoped?

Alright maya....once again congrates and welcome to the club.

regards

6. rspriya

rspriya New IL'ite

Dear All,
    Congrats to all The Expectant Moms. I’m Happy to join u all.
    I expect my little one by August 25<SUP>th</SUP>, would be more happier if it could be 24<SUP>th</SUP> as my DOB is on 24<SUP>th</SUP> Aug. Anxious as the date can’t be predicted.
    By next scan the baby gender will be determined. There is no posts about that. Hope u all might have started to talk with the little Prince/ Princess.
    Tk Care,
    Cheers,
    Priya

7. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya....

Congratulations...hope you and your baby is doing good. Welcome to the august club and let us know about your experience so far. I am 18 weeks and this friday I am going for level-2 ultrasound, little nervous but excited to see my baby. Rest all is good. Take care.

8. Re: August 2008 Mom's & other months

hi,
    my Due date is 12th August 2008. now i am in my 2nd trimester(21 week). Ultrasound result has said baby is normal.
    With Regards,
    D.Vasanthi

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  9. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi All:

I'm now 20 weeks pregnant but still cant feel the baby move. Sometimes I feel like a bubble is rising from the bottom of my tummy n vanishing up in air. Are these baby's movements?

Cheers
    Nikhath

10. rami_nk

rami_nk New IL'ite

Congratulations to all and happy to join the club. My due date is 24th August and we found the sex of the baby in the 2nd ultrasound. Its a Boy!!!!!!!!! little disappointing that both of us wanted a girl.... But my parents and In-laws are very happy.

My mom always wanted boy, but she ended up with 3 girls. So i cant explain her joy and happiness in words!!!!!!!!!

am yet to feel his movements and eagerly waiting for that to happen.

Regards,
    Rami