Attn : canberra ladies

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by malap, Apr 18, 2013.

1. malap

malap New IL'ite

hi friends,

My two posts went without any reply. I hope someone will atleast reply to this post . I have few basic queries,which is as follows:

1. rental for 1 BRK (furnished or unfurnished)
    2. utility bill p.m. (tele,internet,cable,water,elec,heating etc)
    3. cost of food for 3 people (vegetarian)
    4. public transport exp
    5. car insurance p.m.

any other expenses which u think should be added. ur reply will be highly appreciated.

rgds,
    mala

2. sarojb

sarojb New IL'ite

Hi Mala
    This is an estimate but other things like movies or eating out.
    I have been living in Canberra for last 35 years. Wonderful city.

If you have any question please ask
    Regards
    Saroj

3. malap

malap New IL'ite

hello saroj

hi sarojb,

thanks for responding to my post. I think there was some problem with ur post. iam unable to make out anything with the info u have provided. so if possible provide me with as much information about the place,education and living style and cost of living etc.i want to know about the secondary schooling for my son.

regards,
    mala

4. sarojb

sarojb New IL'ite

Re: hello saroj

Hi Mala
    Sorry for the mail problem. I will try again.

1. rental for 1 BRK (furnished or unfurnished)

Nearly 1200$ a month

2. utility bill p.m. (tele,internet,cable,water,elec,heating etc)

300$ a month

3. cost of food for 3 people (vegetarian)

1000$ per month

4. public transport exp

$100 per month by bus
    5. car insurance p.m.

$50 per month

There are 3 type of Secondary Schools. one is public where fee is minimum may be $1000.
    Second is semi private and fee is $3000-5000
    Third are private where fee is $10,000 per year.

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php
    Regards
    Saroj

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
  5. malap

malap New IL'ite

hello,

hi sarojb,

Thanxs once again for ur reply. I can't send private messages,as it requires minimum 10 posts per month,which I don't have right now. if u think its ok for u to give e-mail id u can send to my id

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

I was under the impression that public schooling till 12th is free there. It is a news to me that we have to pay for it. Do u have school going children or u know anybody whos children r in grade 11 or 12th.if I can able to correspond with them it will be very helpful to me.

which place in Canberra is good to stay considerating the secondary schools, indian community,maket etc.

Is it true that there is racism in Australia. I have heard lot of people saying it.so I am little bit worried for my son because here in Dubai it a very protective and safe environment.

Iwill appreciate if u can tell me about yourself.u can write to me to my e-mail id.

rgds,
    mala

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  6. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

Re: hello,

Hi,
    I am sudha.I am living in Melbourne.I don't know about Canberra.but,my son now going to Prep. it means before 1st standard,they need to go to school one year like a kinder.Here,there are two types of schools .one is public school,for that you don't need to pay school fees until 12th.but,we need to pay only for books and notes they provide at the start of the school according to the year.In private school,we need to pay school fees every year.it ranges from 5000dollars per year to 20000dollars per year depends upon the school.still you need to pay for the books and notes at the year starting.i tell you as much as I know,because I have school going child.

7. malap

malap New IL'ite

hi sudha,

Thanks a lot for ur reply. my mother tongue is also kannada and my hometown is Mysore. but brought up in northern india. We will be moving to Canberra in 4-6 months time. my son is now in grade 12. so I would like to know about the education system at secondary level. when does the academic year starts in Australia.what is the prerequisite for getting into secondary level. if u know anybody who's kids r in 12th,kindly let me know. any other info regarding cost of living,housing,grocery,utility etc is welcome.

rgds,
    mala
    dubai