Attending Interviews: Need Some Suggestions

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by user100, Dec 2, 2017.

1. user100

user100 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have about six years of experience from very good organizations. The last company I worked for terminated many employees, so I too lost my job. After that I attended quite a few interviews, but I was not picked in any of those interviews. Some of them did not even give me the reason why I wasn't picked, while some said we cannot move forward with your candidacy. Its been 4 months since I lost the job.

If I asses myself, I think don't look confident also I don't think I sound pleasing.

Ladies, Please help me how do I improve myself. I am almost feeling like I have reached dead end. Please gives some tips on how to talk in the interview and how do I prepare for the interview.

Thank you

2. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

create dummy projects at home and keep your experience live while learning new skills through tutorials etc. don't waste single minute, focus on learning and making your skills strong. When opportunities come they come together and you have to be prepared for it. Practice, read, implement...there is lot of help on internet, just focus

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

There is nothing like dead end. In what technology or field is your interview in ?
    Maybe if you are specific about the details people in that domain can chime in and can give more specific input instead of general input which you might already know.

4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Where do you think you are lacking? Companies tend to ask a lot of personality , technical & case management kind of questions, depending on your field. And I think the trickiest ones are personality questions which HR tends to ask like “tell us about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult team member/ client & what you did you do to resolve the situation?” Or “tell us about a project where you fell short of client expectations & what did you do to change that / manage expectations?” These are kind of questions you may want to research in advance & think of scenarios you could narrate from your career that would best respond to such questions.

I would advice you to specifically look up questions commonly asked in the kind of roles you are interviewing for, think & prepare answers in your head & practice with a family member, so you are not jittery during interviews. And, don’t lose your confidence, that’s the most important asset anyone can have.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

6. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

What’s your domain? If it’s IT, Message me if you need guidance on how to crack interviews. I can help you with that.

Jey and amunique like this.
  7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hi...I was working in IT . now i am on a break since 3 years.. finding it hard to crack interviews...can you give your suggestions please? Thanks

8. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

My suggestion would be...do some online courses...What did you do 3 years back..If you want to look for jobs in big data space, I can guide you. You have programming background?

9. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

There are free tutorials available online which walk you through making dummy project at home. That will give you confidence and experience necessary. Do that and show in your resume, take laptop or printouts which explain what you have done. there is voluntary work online (IT areas, programming etc) that may count as your recent experience. By giving interview you will learn and practice more, so don't get discouraged with failure. Be positive and confident that some day you will definitely get job.

amunique likes this.
  10. rajatagore

rajatagore New IL'ite