1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Attempt to lose weight till Feb'13 + Need friends who can be part of this journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ssumi, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ssumi

ssumi Silver IL'ite

Hello Beautiful Ladies,

I am here again seeking help and motivation from you all. I have tried so many times to lose weight and to keep myself away from junk food which are not going to help my body in any way. There was a time when I achieved what I aimed for but could not maintain it. The reason was my mood swings. Though I am very prone to mood swings, I will not give up :) . I will try again. One more attempt to see myself in the mirror the way I want to look.

My current weight is 70 kgs and my height is 165 cms. My ideal weight is in the range 57-62 kgs. I want to lose 10 kgs and I want to do this 2 months.

Hey all, please let me know if this achievable and I need all the buddies who aim for the same. That will give me the boost to take one more step to reach my goal.

Stay Beautiful
    Suman

2. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Suman,
    I am the same wgt range as yours. Even I am looking fwd to lose 10 kg. I have joined many threads here and motivated to lose some wgt. 10 kg in two months is little diff i think. Anyways will join you and lets lose together.

1 person likes this.
  3. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

Hi Suman and Saarang,

I also weigh 69.5 kg and want to reduce to 60.
    so Let me join hands with you two.
    10kg in 2 months is little difficult. Let us have short target of 3 kg per month so we can achieve our final goal in 3 months.

Currently I am doing Leslie sansone walk at home ( 1mile and 2 mile) for the past 3 days.

As far diet is concerned, I dont have any particular timetable.
    I eat a small breakfast(idli, dosa etc) and then lunch (rice and vegetable)
    Evening i usually have coffee/tea with couple of hi fibre cookie/apple
    Night again any tiffin

I dont munch on fried things and keep away from cakes, sweets etc.

so come on lets srart losing weight.

Regards
    Sangeetha

2 people like this.
  4. ssumi

ssumi Silver IL'ite

Hello Saarang, SangeeG

Thanks for replying to the thread. I am fully aware that 10 kgs is difficult to achieve but somewhere I read that if we are strict with our diet and exercise that 4-5 kgs in a month is possible but as a working woman and living with in-laws, it is quite difficult.

But atleast we can try and if not 10 kgs, may be a little less than that would do wonders. :)

From tommorrow onwards, I will post my routine here in this thread.

What I believe in
    - Drink 8 glasses of water. (I drink at least 2-3 litres per day)
    - Limit tea/Coffee ( tea is my weakness..need to work on this)
    - junk food ( I am in JUNK FOOD mode nowadays..will control this also)
    - Eat high Fiber food/Veggies/Fruits
    - No Bad Cholestrol in night
    - limit Sweets
    - Workout ( I dont have any appliances at home so I'll see in youtube what I can do)

what else..I am not at all an expert..please do correct me when I do or suggest something wrong. :)

Thanks Ladies.

5. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear ssumi and other friends, Let me also join this thread and i too need motivation to complete this.
    First let us share the weight loss tickers in the signature column, i will try to stick it today itself.
    My weight and height range is also similar to yours. i am 72 kg and height is 5.4. Me too want to reduce up to 17 kgs within 2 months.
    We all first make a good diet and workout plan and then start with that. so pls share your diet plan for veg people and non veg people seperately.
    Even i do not have any work out machines at home. I purely going to depend on walking and yoga.
    I was reduced by 5 kgs in one month when i was doing yoga but inbetween i discontinued it. so going to start that also.

6. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

hey
    Please include me too. I am planning to loose 12 kgs within Feb13. I have cornflakes and 1 dosa/chapathi in the morning. Lunch i have chapathis or rice. Evening i have snacks which i need to control. Night i have chapathis.
    The only thing is i dont have time to work out. Please help me with by giving a diet chart.

7. radhikacs

radhikacs New IL'ite

HIiii suman, I am in the exact same boat as u r unfortunately for me i dont have your height which can mask weight up to certain point. And last seen i was 72 kilos for just 150 cms of height. My ideal weight is 55 Kgs. though i hve given myself a totl 100 days to loose the weight. i.e till March 10th
    My craving for meat and sugar is what got me here. As with u i am looking for morale boosters who can help me keep my mind on track.
    As others in the thread said we need a proper diet and exercise routine along with yoga and its quite possible to loose weight. i have researched for various exercise and walking/running patterns to help us maintain enthusiasm and freshness. What say ladies???
    I am non vegn but i m willing to forgo my meats to a bare minimal to push me through.
    Count me in girls.

8. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Friends,

My updates for Dec 7 , Dec 8 and Dec 9:
    Diet - Sort of messed up. But I made sure I did not overeat. It was like eating every 2 hrs but not too much quantity. I had some sweets too :(

Exercise - 20 min LS walk everyday.
    Water - I made sure I had 8 glasses everyday... This was the best part of the weekend...

On the whole, I messed up the target that I had set... Will need to start again fresh from Monday... ​

9. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Friday and sunday did ls walk 1 mile and 2 mile.
    didnt do any exercise on sat, but did 6 hrs of shopping :)

Today didnt get time while my kid was having a nap.
    will try to do 1 mile atleast before bed.

Will write a detailed reply later
    bye for now

Regards
    Sangeetha

10. divyagshenoy

divyagshenoy Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Please consider my application for this group as well...me too planning to lose at least 10 kilos..i work in night shift, so it is very difficult to stick to a routine...will follow this thread and hopefully will lose some of my weight