1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Atoning for my sins

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    I had a good laugh on reading your post.
    Sri, by starting this thread, has made us all feel that no sinner is a real sinner because all our "mentionable" sins are harmless & committed by everybody !
    We should give him credit for making us feel like "puritans", inspite of sinning.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha
    I seem to have absolved everyone of their sins not through any such powers vested in me by the Almighty but by making them reclassify their sins as harmless ones which do not call for any punishment! You have added a new dimension to it! 'Rightfully committed at right ages' certainly opens a new perspective. I am glad that you did not merely say 'Rightfully committed' but added a very meaningful 'right ages'! So it follows that whatever can be rightfully committed at a particular age can be a sin if committed at a different age! My fingers are itching to develop on this novel theme!
    Sri

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    " all our "mentionable" sins are harmless & committed by everybody " - Chithra's words to sudha - Does she mean that all of us should have done " unmentionable sins " too ? ! ? ( illa ... enga appa kudhirukkulla illangara maadhiriyaa ? ) U owe to clear my doubt , sir !
    Regards ,
    Indhu .

4. Chitvish

Dear Indhu,
    Let Sri clear your doubt from his perspective.
    But , do you want to claim that you can give a list of both mentionable as well as unmentionable sins, definitely? - I challenge you to do it.
    For ANYBODY,the latter will far outnumber the former. Let us not be hypocrites !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Puritan is such an archaic word which has lost all its relevance in today's world!
    Rotarians are exhorted to evaluate their actions by applying a Four Way Test comprising of four vital questions:
    Is it the TRUTH?
    Is it FAIR to all Concerned?
    Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
    Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

I think there should be a similar Test to ensure if a particular act amounts to sinning.
    It can be something like:
    Is it a sin?
    Is it unfair to all concerned?
    Will it build acrimony and promote enmity?
    Will it be harmful to all concerned?
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Indhu
    Etiquette is defined as behaving yourself a little better than is absolutely necessary.
    I think Chithra had this in mind when she talked about 'mentionable' sins! This is an oversimplistic definition of a sin which means that all our actions which can not be mentioned in public can alone be classified as sins and not otherwise!
    Sri

7. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    After readng the second part, I feel acquitted of all my sins because none has harmed anybody - atleast, that is what i think ! It will not promote enemity, but may not be pleasantly acceptable to a few.
    You think, it is still a sin? - no, no, not at all. Thankyou !:hatsoff
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Then have no fear of hell! You are as sin-free as a just born lamb!
    And fortunately for you, it may be too late for you to contemblate any sinning!:biggrin2:
    No punarapi jananam for you!
    Sri

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Now please Someone give me a simple meaning for what is a Sin !?
    AND what can beclassifies as harmless, which ones harmful for self ( and if others are not aware of it, how can it be as sin!) And what are the mentionable ones and unmentionable......at this ráte if i eat a Laddu without giving my DH or DD , is that a sin. And also diffrent things are classified a s sins according to the culture, upbringing, situations etc.....so now i am totally confused and am confusing everyone......will just go out and COMMIT A SIN maybe! and maybe will feel better!:idea:queen

10. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    That's the best solution! If you can't beat them, join them! But make sure that your proposed sin is mentionable and harmless! Confusing others is not a sin but getting confused is definitely a sin. So be very clear in your mind!
    Sri