1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Atoning for my sins

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I have heard that camels are loaded more than what they can carry comfortably. When this happens, they refuse to move and the owner of the camel would remove something very light from its back. The camel thinking that it has been given substantial relief starts walking merrily!

My list of sins are similar to that. I provide relief to my conscience with this confession of my lighter sins. Despite it being loaded with the heavier sins, my conscience feels lighter with my confession to the lighter ones!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Dear cheeniya sir.... Looks like you lived a normal happy life growing up. :thumbsup

Last week, I posted a snippet about the lies and cheating we did when we were kids. Ever since I posted it, I have been :confused2: that may be I should have waited till dd was a little older....as this should not be a license for her to imitate her mommy ..............:)shhh: am a hypocrit).

For some of us who are married to a 'mr goody two shoes' , there is such an added pressure to behave.
    And what was the necessity to post a snippet informing the world about our crimes?:bonk

What a relief.... I don't know if this confession paved way for your atonement. But your snippet surely took away a load of "writer's remorse" ;-)

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anita
    If you ever happen to meet Yasodha, the foster mother of Krishna, she would probably tell you what a nightmare it used to be bringing up the world's most mischievous boy! She would tell you that she lost count of the number of lies the boy uttered and how he targeted the women of the town in particular! But you can't miss the underlying pride in her lamentation about her boy's unbounded capacity for mischief.

I am reminded of Yasodha when you express your apprehension about your DD imitating her mummy! You must be happy if she imitates you for that will be an assurance that she will grow up into a fine woman like you. I agree that being married to a goody two shoes is a tough proposition and I can easily relate to it being married to one myself!
    Sri

1 person likes this.