1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Ashatl

Ashatl New IL'ite

Sowjanyarahul

There is one indian grocery near walmart(perimeter) called bharat groceries. it is ok but nothing compared to patels and cherians. infact he gets things from cherians.

2. Ashatl

Ashatl New IL'ite

Ranchu

Din't know abt IL etiquette since im new to this. hence forth will keep in mind.
    i was just answering back since she wrote in regional langauge.

3. suganthyclement

suganthyclement New IL'ite

Hello all,

Am Suganthy.. I am in athens, near to atlanta along with my husband.. I came here just 2 months back.. Can any one help me which indian store is good patel brothers or cherrians??? in cost and quality.. More over, am new to atlanta.. can any one tell me how to reach patel or cherrians from decatur railway station or is there any straight commute to these place from marta civic center, atlanta.. Thanks in advance..

4. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suganthy,

Welcome to atlanta !
    both Patel brothers and Cherians are equally good. Prices are comparable too. You can take a look at both stores and decide based on your requirements.

You will need car to reach either of these stores. The Decatur Marta (railway station) is 1mile away from the stores, so walking is not that easy with all the grocery bags.

You can may be try the Marta train + Marta Bus to reach "Windward Parkway" for India Plaza. The shop has a bus stop just outside , so not much walking is required. But its very very far from your place. Not sure if you have that much time to spare.
    Marta train from civic center to North springs - 40 mins
    From northsprings station , take a bus to Windward parkway - 40 mins

5. rekakanagavel

rekakanagavel New IL'ite

hi suganthy Am new to atlanta as well! I would suggest Patel Brothers is the best option!

6. rekakanagavel

rekakanagavel New IL'ite

HI prathiksha,I live in same dunwoody place...If interested we can meet up!

7. Alpha04

Alpha04 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Amrutha , me and my husband just moved in to Alpharetta from Northern Virginia. We are in Preserve at Deerfield. Looking forward to meet any Indians at Preserve/ Alpharetta.

I am from Bangalore and would like to meet like minded people.

8. pradnya9

pradnya9 New IL'ite

Hello everyone. My name is Pradnya. I am from Maharashtra. I live near Sandy Springs with my husband and cute little son. He is only 10 months old. I am looking for making new friends. Also i am interested in joining a group of Mommies of infant and toddlers who do lots of activities like playgroups, picnics and meet on a regular basis in nearby areas.
    I am currently a stay at home mom and love to spend time with my son.
    So please do reply to this thread. Looking forward to make and meet some wonderful Indian ladies.

9. ldkella

ldkella New IL'ite

Hi i m Lata and live in Decatur near north druid hills...anyone in this area want to b friends... i m basically from karachi, pakistan but want to make friends with indians.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  10. sandy2012

sandy2012 New IL'ite

Hi Amrutha,
    I am sandhya. I live in Dunwoody, atlanta. I am also from Bangalore.I am also looking fwd to make frnds.