1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. blufin

blufin New IL'ite

We are moving from minneapolis to atlanta too. We are looking at Alpharetta, johns creek or Dunwoody. So far we are liking Johns creek, any opinions will be great? We have two boys (2 & 5), so schools are most important and Montessori. Does anyone's kids go to Barnwell or Dolvin or Wilson Creek? Or should we be looking at private schools? My husband will be working in Downtown, thats why we keep looking at dunwoody or sandy springs but these look over crowded and maybe more crimes too??
    We are looking to buy a house in St. Ives country Club - anyone living there currently??
    Any help/Opinions would be great!

2. neruvullur

neruvullur New IL'ite

hi

my name is neeraja. we are in atlanta since 2yrs . moved from nj/ny. i am 8 months pregnanat(1st time) and currently stying in windsor at sandysprings. we want to buy a house . can anyone suggest some nice areas in atlanta city and near cobb pkwy.my hubby work is near cumberland mall. i like this area .alpharetta cumming is to far to commute.
    thankyou all.

3. sush99

sush99 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am Sushma and married and its been 2 weeks I have moved here..We stay at exit 11 Camden aptmtnts Alpharetta.
    I work near Marrietta and daily commute for me is a big hassle…:( as my husband owns restaurant business here in Alpharetta which is Abhiruchi...I have no other option rather than to commute to Marrietta..

Friends if you get chance do try our restaurant food and pour in your comments/compliments/suggestions...Would love to hear from you gals ....

till now I have been to Saibaba temple and GA aquarium…I liked them.

Looking fwd to make some good friends through this forum...

Cheers..
    Sushma

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sushma,

Welcome to Alpharetta.. Yes I saw the restaurant name change.. Glad to know you own the place.. Will visit soon.

1 person likes this.
  5. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sushma welcome to Alpharetta. I used to live in Camden too. Just moved out recently.

We pass by that place often. We noticed the name change. Happy to know its in new hands now. Will definitely visit. Good luck with the restaurant.

6. sush99

sush99 New IL'ite

Thank u Aparna and Ranchu..:)

7. Shripooj

Shripooj New IL'ite

From the Rocky mountains!

Hi,

I am pooja and I am very happy to have found this website as I see many wonderful people giving some great advice.

We are thinking about moving to Alpharetta, I have 2 daughters ages 9 and 6. I was checking out apartments in the area and so far Camden Deerfield is the only one I have found from where I can send my kids to cogburn woods elementary. Are there any other apartments and schools in the area, hopefully with more Indians? Pls suggest.

I am hoping to make some great friends here.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  8. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I am Latha married.We just moved from Tampa to Atlanta 2days before.My husband is working in Kennesaw, GA. Need some help with searching apt for rent which is safe and secure.I prefer a location with Indians (if it is tamizh family will be great:))around, good neighborhood, Indian Grocery etc.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.....Please

I have already posted but there was no reply so posted again here.:bonk

Thanks in advance.Bow

9. cherry7

cherry7 New IL'ite

Hi!
    How are u all?I live in Dunwoody since 2 years.I'm home maker.

10. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Is there any one near Kennesaw?