1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. sillyships

sillyships New IL'ite

Hi all,

Bhagyashree, all the best with your H1.How long have you been here in the US now?

Raji, I came accross this website that has some music school names.Hope it helps.

indianatlanta.com

Shilpa

2. diptigirl

diptigirl New IL'ite

Hello

My name is Dipti. I moved to Atlanta 2 years back from Chicago. I came across this site in India Abroad. Just wanted to say hello to everybody.:wave

1 person likes this.
  3. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shilpa

I want to know how is Alpharetta area. I am planning to buy new home. i am looking for good high school and middle school areas. I heard that Alpharetta has many Indian family settle there. Can you send me some details please. When is your due date?

raji

4. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Bhagyashree
    How are you? HOW is your h1 visa process going on? I am waiting for my hi visa too. . Any luck on your side?

raji

5. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Re: Hello

HI Dipti girl
    HOw are you ? Welcome to Atlanta. Are you working? Where do you live in Atlanta?

raji

6. ilagandhi

ilagandhi New IL'ite

Hi all,

My name is Ila Gandhi and I have been a resident of Atlanta for the last 10 years. I just joined IL yesterday and am still feeling my way around the site.

I have recently retired from Delta Air Lines (Human Resource background) and am currently working as a consultant for an HR consulting company based in Atlanta. I am married with two grown children. One just completed his Bachelors at Georgia State and the other is in Berkeley working on a post doc research project.

I am not very involved in the social scene in Atlanta since I was a focused worker bee and my job required a lot of international travel. I would be very interested in starting a book club or a meaningful ladies meeting. Any other suggestions, ladies? I am also a Board member of the GIACC (Georgia Indian American Chamber of Commerce) and now that I have the time on my hands would love to get involved with the Indian Community.

7. nasiha

nasiha New IL'ite

Hi there :wave

My name is Nasiha and i'm a 3rd genration South African, Indian, who moved with my hubby from Johannesburg to US. We travel alot and are in Atlanta at the moment. Yes, H4 is like a love hate realationship. Same boat here.

What i deceided to do is not to let this be a deterent for me and look at it from a different perpective. I've worked only in family businesses back home and did tons of restoration on my home. Yes, no house keepers in US and like S.A. and no family. Well I do volunteer work at the cancer association where ever i go and this organisation is a good cause and it feels good to give back to the community. They have banquets, functions and fun days for the family too. And i've decieded my health is important and have started working out and swimming on a regular basis. You feel really rejuvinated. Yes, there is no one to talk to and that is what makes groups like this feel that you not alone and that there are others out there that are going thru what i am. Reading is a great pass time and the local library is a good source of knowledge, and some human inter-action.
    Yes, novelty ideas are hard to come by if you on an H4.

8. nasiha

nasiha New IL'ite

Hi ila Ghandi

It's Nasiha and was wondering how old you were. I am 36 and have a studied Bus admin and have 2 diploma's in Fashion Design n Management. So yeh, i'm not clued up on the indian scene either so no help there. But The GIACC sounds interesting....what do you guys talk about at meetings. I've always had accounting hard coded in all my studies some how.
    Totsiens ( Afrikaans for bye in South Africa)

9. ilagandhi

ilagandhi New IL'ite

Nashia,

It is really a small world as I am a South African by birth (born in Pretoria). I am 54 years old and I left South Africa when I was 12 years old. I still have family there. If you remember the Planet and Myjestic Cinemas in Jo'burg. My family owned those threaters a long time ago.

With regards to the GIACC. It's main focus is to promote India in Georgia and at the same time promote Georgia as a viable state for India to do business in. Heavy focus on business, promoting India and politices.

I went to South Africa for a wedding in April. My nephew in Durban got married. A lot has changed there.

2 people like this.
  10. nasiha

nasiha New IL'ite

Hi

Wow, you absolutely right about the "small world".......So if i'm correct you don't have the S.A. accent and are surely part of the American lifestyle and thats great. Well as for me you can figure out that i am South African by my accent. I believe that there are many S.A in Atlanta. I have traveled to over 20 states in the US but i think that Atlanta comes close to being so lush green, a close second is Sausilito bay which is in San francisco across from the golden gate bridge. What way do you think S.A. has changed ....good or bad.
    The crime is a major factor that is driving so many out of the country. So i am curious .....when people ask you where are you from ... what do you say.... just curious coz i get that all the time. When we say S.A. they think..... but they don't look indeginious African.
    Anyway was good to hear from you. And yes i know majestic cinema very well. Do your parents still reside in the US. I have no kids thats why we travel so much. Lived in US than missed family went to stay in S.A. for 2yrs than came back to US again.