1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Hi Raji,
    I am not a member of the tamil sangam. What are they planning to have for Tamil new year?
    Bye
    Padmausha

2. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Aarushi

I am from tamilnadu. We were in Canada for 10years and we just moved here. In the weekends my kids keep me busy. My younger plays softball and she has her game from 12 to 2.30pm and then we go out to get some groceries. On Sundays my kids attend Tamil class and balavihar class in the hindhu temple at river dale. How about you ? Do you know any nice beach resort in Atlanta ? :confused: We were planning to take a vacation in the spring break.

raji

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Raji,

Wow! After the Canada cold, you must be relishing the Atlanta weather.. :)

If you havent been to Lake Lanier resort, then you can try that... is a good place to go with kids...has a nice beach park...and lots of water sports for kids as well as adults...

If you want to travel to a new city then you can try Savannah (about 4 hrs drive from here)..that has a beach also (akthough not as nice a Besant Nagar beach)8)...and a lovely downtown...

I go to the Riverdale temple sometimes...we usually go on Saturday mornings...

I have been wanting to go there with my baby girl for sometime now but the weather has not been good so far...hopefully it will be nice this weekend and I can take her there for some pooja...:)

Take care...

4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Padmausha, Sheetal and Astha,

How are you guys...just read all your posts here...:)

Astha - Did you join the cooking club that Raji suggested...how is it ? I love trying out new recipes and hence my interest...

Padmausha - You said you work in the IT field...me too...what area do you work in? Sandy springs is so near Alpharetta..

Sheetal - Welcome to Atlanta! When are you moving here?

Take care...

5. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Padmausha

How are you? The tamil new year function is on april-15th. I am not sure about the time i think it is from 2pm to 6pm . I will let you know on monday.

raji

6. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Aarushi

Thanks for your suggestion. I did check out the lakelanierislands. It looks pretty good. But they are open only in the month of may. I will look at the savannah beach.

thankyou

raji

7. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Hi Aarushi,
    Welcome to IL. Nice to see Atlanta ladies in this site.

Regards,
    Padmausha

8. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Hi Raji,

We had been to Savannah, Tybee island which is very close to Savannah and Hilton Head Island. Savannah has a river and is a historic city. Tybee island has a lighthouse and beach. Hilton head island again has a beach.

Regards,
    Usha

9. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Padmausha

How are you? Thank you for the info. I will look into it. HOw is things going on for you?

raji

10. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sheetal

How are you ? How is your planning coming along? Here the climate is getting warm.Probably when you come here it will be more pleasant. Where you able to decide on the school for your daughter yet? Take care . Keep intouch

raji