1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Astha

Astha New IL'ite

hello

hi Sheetal,

so when r u coming to Atlanta? Which place from India you belong? Tell me something about yourself....

Hi Mrs.Raji,
    how r u?so whats going on? did u get something to do at home...

well howz ur family?

bye

2. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Astha

How are you? Glad to see your message. Sorry for my late reply my computer was down. Family is fine. I was with my daughters school program. I heard that there is a Indian cooking club. THis is a new one and they haven't done anything full fledged. IF you want to talk to that lady i can give you her email and her phone number. I haven't had a chance to meet her yet. HOW is things going on for you?
    HOW do you like atlanta so far?

raji

3. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Padma usha

HOW are you? I am Raji. I moved to Atlanta in july. Where do you live in Atlanta. I live in Kennesaw. Tell me more about yourself. Are you working? It is nice to meet so many people through this forum. HOw do you like it here?

raji

4. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Hi Raji,

Nice to hear back from you. I live near Sandy springs in Atlanta. I am working in IT field. My office is in downtown Atlanta.

Atlanta is good. I like the weather since it does not become so cold as the northern US. No problem of snow also. I travel to work by Marta train. So I like the transportation facility in this city.
    How about you?

Regards,
    Padma Usha

5. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Padmausha

How are you? Nice to see your message. I am a stay at home mom. I have two kids. I like Atlanta too. Climate is very good. Did you move from India ? Which part of India are you from?

raji

6. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Hi Raji,

I am from Chennai. Where are you from? And which class are your kids studying?

Padma Usha

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hello everybody...:wave

I just joined this board today and this is my first post...I've been in Atlanta for 6 years now...

I'm working as a software architect and database administrator in a local firm...will be married 5 years come May this year. I have a 5 month old baby girl who I dote on...and a husband who is also my best friend...

I really like Atlanta....but miss out on having a lot of desi friends...which I used to in India...that's why I've come on this board...to meet other desis I can connect with...:)

I love hindi movies and Indian food...like reading thrillers and romance...cooking dinners for my hubby and friends...etc etc

My fav place around Atlanta is Helen..its an alpine village about an hour's drive up north from here...very pretty and touristy...in summer you can even do tubing through the small mountain river there...

The Georgia Aquarium is also nice - specially the whales...:)

Best places for indian food that I have found till now are (1) Bombay Grill (2) Minerva (3) Mirch Masala and (4) Zyka

If you do know of some other place do let me know...:)

Hoping to connect with all of you atlantans...

Bye for now,
    Take care....

8. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Aarushi

It is nice knowing that more people are joining this forum. I am Raji and we have been in Atlanta for 8months and i love it here. Idid visit the place Helen and my kids loved it. Where do you live in Atlanta. I live in Kennesaw.

raji

9. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

HI Padmausah

How are you? How is things going on for you? Are you a member of the gat tamil sangam in Atlanta. I heard that they are going to have a tamil function for the new year.

raji

10. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Raji,

I live in Alpharetta...

I'm basically from UP but have lived and travelled all over India...

Are you from Tamilnadu originally? I lived in Madras for 2 years in the late 90's... nice place..great beaches...:)

what do you do on the weekends?

Take care...