1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Atkins diet

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by drj, Sep 22, 2011.

1. drj

drj New IL'ite

can someone tell me how effective atkins diet is?

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Ay ay, I cannot stop myself from saying things all over again.

Never go into any crash diets....You will lose weight and double the weight in half the time

Slow changes to daily eating habits is the best way to lose weight + cardio and strenght exercises.

Instead of looking for short term goals, think of the long term health benefits.

Who know what illnesses such diets will bring upon us in the later years.
    We must worship our body and take care of it for it to give us in return a happy peaceful life.

So I cannot get enough of saying 'No to any crash diets'..

1 person likes this.
  3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hey Pavithra I cannot agree more with you. Drj please dont go on crash diets, it will help you loss weight..but what you loss is your muscle weight and not fat,resulting in saggy skin and dull eyes. Change your eating habits,include working out in your routine and viola gradually you will loss your excess fat. But guess what you wont loss much weight but inches. Why no weight loss? Becaus you will be building muscles to your body making your body look lean and fit and not saggy and dull. So before opting a crash diet ask yourself whether you need a dull & saggy body or a healthy and lean body.And make your choice accordingly. I hope all want a helathy body with toned muscles.

2 people like this.
  4. drj

drj New IL'ite

Thanks guys.some of my friends tried out atkins diet n were very happy wid the results.
    so i was a lil confused as to whetehr i too shud follow their steps