1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

At times presence of mind is required to face the situation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 19, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

To get up in the morning only to know that you will have to face another
    obstacle takes strength. To smile when the only thing you want to do is cry takes bravery.To act happy & laugh when you know that times are at their worst takes courage.To be joyous when the only good news is the
    best of the bad news takes support.To be there & help others through
    the roughest times in life takes love.- unknown

Sometimes we have to take right decision at right time. I had two experiences in my life when God gave me presence of mind

When I was working I had overtime on a Saturday. I felt everyday I am leaving my mother to look after my daughter. So let me take her today while going to office and leave her in my cousin's place. It was a rainy day. I had to travel by train. Took my mother and my daughter who was I think 3 yrs or so.

When getting into the train my mother got in but I could not get in. I had the presence of mind to tell a lady to help her to get down at Dadar and wait for me. Due to rains the trains were delayed and I was so worried about my mother as she does not know any other language except malayalam and tamil.

By God's grace when I got the train and got down at the station my mother was waiting for me. The lady who helped her told her in malayalam to be there till I came back. The time when my mother got the train till I reached and met her was so tensed and I was praying all Gods to help me. If anything had happened that day I would have cursed myself and also I had to answer so many people. God only helped me that day.

Another time my sisterin law's daughter was with us and same way she got in the train and she does nto know hindi , like my other she also knew only tamil and malayalam and she had just come from native place. I immediately pulled her out and she was in the platform. This time also God saved me.

1 person likes this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Speaking of trains and getting lost aunty, your post reminded me of an incident - some 15yrs ago when we were in Holland, we had a fantastic weekend, thanks to a freind who took upon himself to show his country. On sunday evening, he felt he had stayed along with us a lot and so said, he feels confident and will let us go to ur hotel by ourselves! We were thrilled. On that day we had recievd a huge (really big) umbrella as gift and we were at the station waiting when the train pulled up! Both of us got on and my DH realised that he had left that umbrella on the platform and got off to get it and you know what happend, yes it being a fast trian, the doors shut and I was off in that train while my DH with the tickets was left staring at the platform! Not many people knew Englis, I had no clue with Dutch and I managed to convince the conductor about my plight and managed to understand which station to get off, showing my address! Nope, we still didnot have cell phones then, so I could not contact my DH. So I got off and wiated at the station only to realise that my train was the last fast train for the day - which meant DH will have to come in a regular time which also meant another hour atleast. So with guts and alot of fear, I walked up to the hotel (it was already 9pm), told the front desk to tell my DH that I am in the room and went in to be safe. The front thankfully contacted the station and left a message for him - so as soon as he landed, someone contacted him and gave him the message that I was safe. My DH of course was petrified more for the reason that I might have deboarded at the next station and taken a train back to where we started....little did he know that I would take care of myself trusting him to take care of himself :) We still have the umbreall and think of those stories now, happily! Of course the person who was with us the whole weekend had such a delightful/ hearty laugh that "IT" had happened to us just as he had warned - of course in all good humor and is still a dear dear friend to us to this day!

Thank you aunty for allowing me to share my story here :)

3 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Vijikka
    Very nice to read your experiences! I am sure you must have been worried till you found you mother safe in the next station.
    I also enjoyed SRama's narration. Very scary in a new country with language problems.

Two snippets in one thread!
    Very good!:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Srama dear thanks for your first fb and sorry for the delay in replying. Thank God you were safe and had presence of mind to face the situation. It is difficult when we are lost in a different country where we dont know their language. Thanks for sharing your experience

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamala dear yes till I met my mother I was so worried and tensed. Glad God helped me out. Ya Srama also had a tensed situation but glad she was safe.

Two snippets in one thread!
    Very good!:thumbsup[/QUOTE]

True