Astrology Predictions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mangaii, Jun 3, 2023.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

One of my friend who is into astrology has been telling great things about an Astrologer . Usually I stay away from these things because my life is challenging enough and it is not like adding astrology is going to make difference. But call it fate I succumbed to the temptation and paid money for WhatsApp consultation.
    In that whole hour he said nothing positive . He said apparently some dasa which is running from 2009 for 16 years has been worst . As if I needed someone to tell me. But that is not it. He said last 2 years from May 2023-august 2025 will be another worst phase .
    I really felt very sad after hearing that . Even though I went through lot of struggles during the exact time period and many things he said during that period is true I feel like knowing next 2 years is going to be super challenging made me worry a lot. Everything from my marital life to health to finance will go downhill . Considering what he said about my past I’m pretty confident now next 2 years are messed up. Im quite positive person . But knowing this has only made me worry a lot . Now I know it I cannot remove it from my head . I’m wondering how to undo this damage ? Btw I want to kill my friend . I called my mom and scolded her for giving birth at a bad time . Just for fun . I just feel knowing about my future is only a burden . At this stage I’m considering becoming a sanyaasi. I’m done living this life . If I’m going to suffer for 16 years during prime age of my life what is there to live ? . Just venting here

Thyagarajan and MalStrom like this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I can sympathize. I also got a consultation from an astrologer who painted a very mixed picture of several years into the future. When I complained to my mother she reminded me that I had been the one to ask to see him. Then my dad jumped in and asked what was the point of sending me to study science in college when I was behaving like a village idiot.:tearsofjoy:

Thyagarajan, gknew and mangaii like this.
  3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Your dad is correct @MalStrom
    I really don’t see any use of astrolger in my life any more
    Even astrologer felt bad for me . He kept saying for this raasi this dasa shouldn’t have come. I wish I had some power to change my fate . I’m not wasting my money anymore . I finally scheduled my physical after procrastinating it for 3 years . He said both damage to liver and heart . I’m going to believe my mom didn’t tell the proper time of birth . I don’t know how people constantly meet astrologer. Seems like a really stressful thing to do .

Thyagarajan and MalStrom like this.
  4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

@mangaii
    Astrology is real or fake or superstitious...let's leave that topic.
    Always remember கற்றுணைப் பூட்டியோர் கடலிற் பாய்ச்சினும்
    நற்றுணை யாவது நமச்சி வாய
    Trust in God he can change things in a micro milli second for you.
    Have faith. Try to forget this astrologer and predictions.

When I was a baby My grandpa took my time of birth to write jadagam. That Astrologer told I won't live past 1 year, 2 others said same. After 1st ayush homam whole family uncles aunts grandpa grandma great grandma everybody prayed went to palani, thirupati by foot. My grandpa was worried so much.. he went to kasi threw my jadagam in ganga..I'm here alive..!
    For my wedding to there was no Astrological chart matching, my grandpa said to my inlaws they too agreed.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

@mangaii, your point is valid. Knowing that some good will come is positive and makes us feel better and allow us to look forward to..but otherwise it is a downward spiral indeed...requires great strength . Even though I didn't believe initially about astrologers who might be bogus, I believe in Astrology as a science, studied and practised well it can help people face or handle difficulties, situations being better prepared mentally. A few times I had to seek counsel with one elderly who practises this due to passion rather than for livelihood. His words were promising and gave me hope. I also feel now and then that he might be withholding bad things so as not to make people start thinking negatively.. He roughly predicts by the planetary positions for many years.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @mangaii

I wanted to write my experience as a separate thread some day but as luck would have it i am glad to share it here on your thread. Just last year, i was going through one of the the toughest phases of my life. Not that I am out of that phase now completely, but lets just say, it was was very tough then. I was very distraught and didn't know what to do, who to approach, how to approach for a viable solution. My husband and I did all the things that we thought was to be done but still no help. So, i was just resigned to my fate. My husband suggested we consult an astrologer. Coming from a family of astrologers, i was wary and against it. I know there are genuine ones out there whose main intention is to help but i have to wade through the entire ocean to filter out those few ones. So i just kept looking looking but I couldn't find anyone satisfactory.

My dad was a good astrologer. His main aim was to help people overcome their problems through doable solutions. Rather than concentrating on problems, his main motto was to give simple pooja solutions which could be done at home or a small daanam which is affordable to that family. Having seen all that, i was very skeptical about approaching anyone just randomly.

As i logged into Indusladies one day, i just came across the astrology thread in ur very own site and saw the problems and solutions provided by our very own @Sudhindra sir. I went through his replies for each and every person and liked the way he dealt with problems and i started a private conversation with him through the mail mode and gave him my details along with my husband's and wrote my problem in just 3 lines.

I believe he must have analysed it from his end and he wrote back in again 3 lines only :) but gave me a solution. He told that my husband and I had effects of Rahu in our charts and the best way to beat Rahu was to pray to Durga Devi so he suggested we light 'Rahu kala deepam' every Friday for either 3 or 5 fridays. He didnt want any money and he refused to take any also.

I spoke to my husband and both of us started lighting the deepam together for five 5 Fridays. I remember praying to goddess Durga Devi before starting this entire process and telling her that I didn't want to interrupt this ritual in between either due to periods or anything else. Please ensure I am able to light this deepam for you for the next 5 Fridays. And then we did it. Both of us together.

After the 5 days deepam was done, I remember reaching out to Sudhindra sir and asking him if anything else was to be done and he told me not to worry and Durga Devi will take care from now on. :)

Anyway, 1 week from then, we saw the results in his business, in our family circumstance and best of all, I found out I was expecting. And that is when i went back to the first mail/ private chat I wrote to Sudhindra sir and guess what, it turned out that I asked him for a solution on my dad's birthday. The coincidence of all coincidences!

To me personally, it felt like my dad reached out to me through him to help me get a solution for my problems. Anyway, things are better now. Ofcourse, they are not going at the pace I would like them to but even if slow, i am ok wading it coz I know there is a big ray of sunshine at the end of my journey and that I have Durga Devi guiding me through all this.

Astrology to me is not about predicting the past or future but finding solutions for problems which I feel are beyond our control. Sometimes, we feel that even with 20% effort, we are able to see 100% results but at other times even though we put 300% effort, we just get 50% results. This is due to the planetary position in our individual charts. To be frank, my husband and I are in the later category now. We are having to put our heart and soul into every task of ours now. We know that now and are mentally prepared for it.

I always believe that if there is a problem, there is bound to be a solution. I also feel that, if you are actively looking for a solution, it will definitely come your way. Don't lose hope on what these people are saying. Just keep doing what you do best and leave the rest to god or universe or the higher entity you believe in.

mbharani and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Astrology is real science. It is not hocus pocus. But to find a real astrologer one has got to be lucky. My dad's penchant for astrology germinated from his dad. Once I had infected ear causing excruciating pain intermittently while semester exam in the offing. I narrated how my dad dealt with that in
    A Date With An Astrologer
    I hope you would read.
    Wishing you God Speed in all your future endeavour.
    Regards.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Under a huge neem tree near a popular temple an astrologer clad in ochre coloured clothes sporting bright stripes of sacred veebhoodhi from temple to temple squatting with dog eared note books and pencil.
    Few Devotees passing that side were told by this astrologer that good times are ahead. Besides lighting ghee-thill filled lamps pray to laksmi as there is a sukra dasa appeared to be in operation. A few meters away from this neem tree a girl was selling raffle tickets. She was seen doing roaring sale .
    At around nine when temple closed this girl wound up her business and joined with astrologer grand_dad and went home.
    Both were happy. You know why. Yes your guess is right. Devotees were lured buy raffle ticket after hearing prediction from that old man.