1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Asthmatic bronchitis in babies

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rakshantha, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi all

I live in Japan and I have a daughter(4 yrs old) and son(11 months old). Recently he had cough and a lot of flum in his chest and light fever. I took him to the pediatrecian and he said that my son is having asthmatic bronchitis. I am very concerned. I did check a few web sites but they are all confusing and misleading. Has any of ur child had this condition before. Is it fully curable. Thanks in advance for ur replys.

regards
    rakshantha

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Rakshantha, isn't spring now in Japan. Have you considered pollen allergies? Asthma can be managed very well with the help of inhalers. And with boys, they mostly outgrow by the time they are 5 or 6. I would suggest an allergy panel, just to be sure when your child is of the right age.

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Rakshantha,

Do not worry.My daughter got her bronchilitis when she was 4 months old and now she is 2 yrs old.Every time the weather change occurs from winter to Spring ,the bronchilitis is out .Also Me and my DH had the same when we were kids,it will automatically be out after some years.

Are you using any inhalers like albuterol?This really helps my daughter.

4. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi tikka and manjulats

Thanks a lot for sharing ur experiences and info. My son has not been affected this much by cold since his birth. And when doctor told Asthmatic bronchitis, the very word gave me shivers. Because it does not run in the family, both me and DH do not have any serious problems except for occational dust allergy. And tikka my son is not allergic to polen cos he has been out all month even during high polen season and it did not affect him then. Now the polen season here is almost subsided. So I think the seasonal change has brought him down with cold now. Anyways thanks once again i feel a lot light now.

Regards
    Rakshantha