Assistant Consultant -TCS Whats the Salary Range

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by brahan, May 17, 2012.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

My Close Friend P, is currently in Wipro and she is getting a good offer in TCS. The designation they offer is AST(Assistant System Consultant) . She is asking for a Package of 11.5 -12 L PA. But the Manager says that the quoted Salary is too High. As an ex-TCSer she is asking me if the Range is too high. Since i am out of the COmpany for more than 3-4 Years i am not sure if its too high as per TCS Norms. TCS ers please let me know if this is too high for AST.

PS:She is 7 years experienced and is extermely Technically Strong.She has cleard the Interviews in full go :)

2. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Yes, it is quite high for her experience. She will be considered as the starting stage of ASC post. And I dont think TCS pays anything above 10 for a ASC! She could go for 10L PA!!

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Is it...Okie....She has been getting 8.8 L in the current Company(Again in a Top MNC CMM Level 5)...She calculated around 30 percent on the same

4. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

No they dont give more than 10L for 7 years exp. My friend who is 7 years exp got offer for 9.5L/ITA designation. Since she is being offered Ass Sys Consultant I think it is good offer only. I guess since she is technically too strong, they have offered her Ass Sys Consultant.

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks You Anu.....I will let her know about the same..

6. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes they dont give more than 10l for 7+ exp. Also she is getting desgnation as AST. I think its better to go for some other offers now itself as she is technically strong. Many companies like Verizon,HP,CSC etc give more than 10l for 7+ exp. if she opts change for salary then its not wise to select TCS.

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Sudha Manimaran :)I will show her this link and let her decide to take it or not

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Brahan,
    Just like others have mentioned..i feel the salary quoted/expected by your friend is too high for TCS...10-11L,sometimes just 10L is the max i feel one would get...
    I am 5+ years experienced..so like 1.5 years more to go for that AST designation..but what i have heard from my fellow TCSer is that if you are getting promoted to AST,you are sure to get 8.5L...if you have performed really well in the past with good ratings,sure to get 9L...

So for your friend with 7 years experience and AST is really good thing that the company has accepted for...it could also be because your friend has good technical background..
    So basically the max that she could expect is 10.5 L

9. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank you TCS. Since you were a TCSer in IL(AS far as i know) I was eagerly waiting for your Thoughts...I will totally leave the Ball to her Court..Its upto her to decide

10. bkarthika

bkarthika Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am a SSE(4+ yrs) working in .Net in Bangalore. Currently my package is 6.5l(Part A-6 + Part B-.5). I am planning to shift company. Whats the package i can ask? Currently whats the package for 4+ yrs experienced in IT industry. Please share your thoughts which will be very helpful for me to assess.

Thanks!!!

With Regards,
    bkarthika