Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL FORUMS

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by laksn, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady !!!

Hi Harini,

As a member you can choose a username only at the time of login. Changing it later is not an option available through the forum.

If you still want to change, it needs to be done only by the administrator.

Private message to 'induslady' the new name that you want. It will be changed and will keep you informed.

2. Induslady

To accept changes, is always 'irritating' isn't it? :mrgreen:

But if the change is going to help, why not give it a try? Did you try accessing new posts by the methods I suggested in my earlier post?

In my opinion, it is good to try this for a couple of days atleast.

I am really finding the statistics of lots of posts going unnoticed increasing considerably. Especially new members come to our community and make a post and they don't seem to get a response. This is because several other latest posts came on top of them and many members like you took notice only the 'last' post. This leaves lots of new members coming to our community with the feeling that members here are not responsive or collaborative.

Hope you will understand and extend your patience in trying this change.

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheer

I had no difficulty in accessing any posts in this forum before neither do I have any difficulty now.Why? Simply because everytime I log in,I directly click on 'New posts' in the menu above.This will take you to all threads that have any new posts and so you can view them.According to me,that is the easiest way to access anything.

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I posted this yester day in another thread

Hi to all,

Yes I too agree with Cheer. First I thought the net is slow, so it is not loading correctly. Then I came out of net and connected again. Then only I realised it is something new.

Please, Malathy this is not good. we have to go inside of each and every forum to know about the happenings. Before it was easy and we can select where togo first.

I think you will weightage for our opinion. Sorry for posting it again and I do feel it is boring to go each and every thread. I too insist the old is gold. That is why I am reapeating the same mail here.

SorryMalathi, It is tooo time consuming. and could not judge where to go .:bang

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear IndusLady,

I feel the new one is allright. I don't have any problems. At first I had some logging problems which got cleared up after sometime. Only at those times I had felt some difficulties . Now no problems at all.
    Thanks
    Latha :wave

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    I too noticed the changes. My habit is to ry something first for sometime before commenting. I too feel like many others, it is cumbersome to go into every thread to see what has been posted. But I am giving a try, I feel that I shall get used to this in a couple of times. And you have given and indicator for new posts too. so I think there will not bea problem for others too.
    And I have this to say, the only thing that does not change in this world is, change itself.

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Malathy,

Today Now while entering I saw this message in the first page.

Global Moderators Group
    Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I did it!!!

When I want togo in to this, I could not. Some message came and from that I under stood I could not enter. May I know why is it so?

Please explain me I dont know my computer is having some problem.

waiting for yor reply,

Thanks in advance
    sumathiSundar

8. Induslady

Krishnamma,

Global moderators group is the forum reserved for moderators. Though you see the latest thread posted in that forum in the homepage, you will not be able to get into the forum unless you have moderator permissions.

The error message should have said something to this effect. In this case, it is not a problem with your computer, do not worry.

Malathy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2007
  9. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Dear Administrator,Namasthe
    I have seen that there are 6 private messages To go through
    but I do not know How to acess to them. plz advise me How i can see them(i mean the steps to follow)
    with Regards
    SASTRY(I.Lite)

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear sir,
    namaste. Please click on the 'Private Messages'. The Inbox will open. From this select the mail you want to read and click on it. It will open up. After reading, you can come back to Inbox by clicking on the icon 'Inbox' and select the next messege.
    Hope this helps you.
    From the Indusladies Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.