1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ask me for skincare, hair care and makeup suggestions (India)

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by angelvoice, Mar 31, 2013.

1. chimsubbu

chimsubbu Bronze IL'ite

i have uneven skin tone how i get even tone and fairness

2. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

I think your skin changes a lot during pregnancy for most women. Consult a derma and ask for anti-acne medication safe during this time. I think you should apply aloe gel (look for organic brands online) at least twice a day. it is great for moisturizing oily skin and getting rid of darkness. If you can get pure argan oil, you can use that as night cream on face. Use a mud pack every week after scrubbing skin with a gentle scrub.
    When you go out apply a sunscreen( lotus, neutrogena) and layer with a compact(lakme, maybelline). Apply some eyeliner(lakme, maybelline) to brighten the face. If you do not use sunscreen the marks will get dark and dark over time. Ask your derm if you can use a glycolic acid/lactic acid/kojic acid cream/peel for reducing darkness.

To make lips light, you should start taking care of them. Exfoliate twice a week with a sugar scrub (homemade) and apply a lip balm. When you go out apply a lip balm with spf of at least 15 and re-apply when you can. Maybelling babylips and lotus herbals, nivea has some good lip balms with spf. Buy tinted ones so that it gives your lips a light color and freshness. Buy only branded stuff of reputed companies.
    Please google for home remedies to lighten lip color.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Angelvoice,

Congratulations for starting this highly appreciated thread and for getting nominated to the FP of the month by Knbg and DoesntMatter!

This thread is really helpful for women (and men) in this day and age where presentable looks are required at work place and even for the well being of the person too. There are beauty products galore these days and we are bombarded with ads both on TV or in magazines not to mention the computers! It is difficult to know what is really good, if it is worth its price or do these products have harmful chemical etc etc. That you are attending to individual questions on all these matters and advice them based on their needs and narrow down their choices is a real help. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  4. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your kind, inspiring words. Made my day! :)

5. EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove Silver IL'ite

I just got back from India and your advice to use Lotus sunscreen - 3 in 1 matte look was a lifesaver!! THANKS!!

6. bindukolli

bindukolli Silver IL'ite

Hi angelvoice....
    I am becoming very tan on neck and hands due to relocation.i have normal skin with normal complexion and i am using herbal bath powder with lemon juice also. but no improvement. can suggest any remedy? i don't want to bleach to reduce tan. i am exposing body to sun also.
    Pls suggest how to get ride of tan on hands and neck......

7. EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove Silver IL'ite

suggestions for BB cream to use in winter and summer in US??

8. vanivineela

vanivineela Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have a dry, rough, frizzy and curly hair, I just comb my hair back and keep a clutch behind.
    I also have lots of grey hair. I apply colour. Is there any suggestion for white hair to turn black??

I am really bored of my hairstyle...:cry:
    I see people so posh.. and feel like am so boring..:rant
    Can you help me out in managing my hair. I do not have much time in the morning hours to spend on my hair..

9. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Hi Angel,

Firstly, i want to appreciate you for taking time and solving our problems. Its a great effort.

Coming to my problem.
    I am getting very wild pimples recently. red ones with puss boils. Its painfula dn my face is a mess now.
    i used to get pimples but not this much. it was fine till april as i can remember.
    I am 29 and on ttc. I am taking progesterone tablets from april.
    My guess is this is an after effect of that medicine.

Also i have a lot of marks and scars on my face due to old pimples.
    Can u please suggest something for my problem.

10. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Hi, I have a lot of open pores even after getting chemical peels and microdermabrasion. the problem has aggravated post marriage. Can they be reduced permanently, naturally or through some cream (s)?