Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

recipe.

My dear Chithra,

When time permits, can you please post your version / tips for a fantastic uppu cheedai recipe ? Anything close in taste / texture to the ones available in Grand Sweets & Snacks will do ;-) .......

Love,

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

KK, what are you asking for ?

Dear Revathy,
    You are casually mentioning it " like grand sweets" ! There lies the challenge !
    Last year I saw a T V programme & made with maida - it came out very well. Anyway, I shall try the usual recipe also with rice flour & post it. Vidya has asked me for the same atleast 2 months back !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

What could be Grander than YOU ??

Oh sweet Chithra,

I was just teasing you a bit [​IMG] --- any cheedai which also rolls & laughs like the one in this icon is perfect , hee hehe heee....
    In fact, with your recipes in hand we can confidently open our own food stalls ; no more laala kadais for rasagullas, or aachi kadais for kallu dosais. Why go for ghee when butter {chithra} is with us ??
    Whichever version is possible, do post, no hurry at all dear.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Talking about Uppu cheedais,I made them for last Krishna Jayanthi and will think a hundred times before making them this yr....well,all I can say is I celebrated Diwali with cheedais on Krishna Jayanthi...they burst very well....you can still see the oil stains in the ceiling in my kitchen...but I still don't understand one thing...only one batch of cheedais burst...all the others came out well!!!

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Kollu please

Dear Chitvish,
    I request you to give as many kollu recipes as you know. This is for my son, his cholestrol lvel should be brought down. Vandhana had kindly suggested that I can give kollu everyday to him to control it. So, salad, pachadi, chutney, podi and whatever can be made with kollu, please post the recipes. I know you will come up with very new and novel recipes. Thanks in advance. Take your own time. I will make the other kollu recipes in the meantime.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sunitha,
    if u had referred to the uppu cheedai given by me which many tried and appreciated ur kitchen ceiling would had been in tact...yes my friend kindly go thru that and u will never be scared to make uppu cheedai....it is all in th rolling neve tight role just a nudging to round off no problem if there r cracks in it...the air escapes thru them to give the right colour u need.....regards sunkan

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sure, Varloo !

Right now, I am posting 2 varieties of Kollu Podi. Next I will post sprouted kollu sadam, kollu masiyal etc.
    I shall also give tips on how to sprout kollu & methods of using sprouted kollu.
    I have many recipes with the same.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

dear kamala,
    txs a million for this wonderful recipe . one of my friend also gave me the same recipe and it realy works .the only problem was that it turns soggy after some time . may be i didn't get the right way to store them.so now i know how to store them . plus can u pls tellme how much degree the oven should be hot to make it crispy.
    waiting for ur reply
    take care

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi varloo,

Have you checked in dinakaran paper and they have published kollu salad & kollu cutlet!

Rgds.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Heena...

Just a warm oven will do...350 F or about 170 C...HTH..L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.