1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ask Bambi On Diet & Health

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Vidya24, Apr 28, 2006.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

reply to sunikris

hello

your question
    Sathya, one stupid question, Please let me know the answer
    I have seen this kind of oil in one of my relatives house.They made oil with same ingredients(1 or 2 less).But the oil smells very badly.
    I think they r not keeping oil in sunlight for 3 days.

Plz let me know what all precautions we have to take, to avoid the bad odour.

oil can become stale and smell bad.. suggest you prepare little at a time.. see that you get a paste like residue to know its `done'
    add a little sandal or rose oil if you like the smell..

sathya

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Thanku Sathya

Hi
    Thanku for letting me know Sathya.
    I will prepare oil & see

Thanku
    Bye :wave

3. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

body and facial hair

hi bambi,
    i wud like to know a solution for body and facial hair.after my 1st pregnancy ive got hairs on my chin and the throat lining.it feels very embarassing.at present i do waxing but i want a permanent remedy.also ive got hairs on my body.please advice me smthg that works.

regards,
    zeenat rizvi

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear zeenat,
    from what u mention i think ur harmones r in trouble kindly chek for it immediately, regards sunkan

5. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Dear bambi,
    I would be obliged if u can guide me in the following:
    1. i had detected my tsh level to be 6.5 recently, doc gave me medicine
    is this thing not to worry
    2. give some tipe on weight loss
    Thanx and luv

Gauri :2thumbsup:

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear gauri,
    bambi is too busy and has not time to visit here, u start asking his mom who is here, sathya and she may help u with ur queries...sunkan

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello gauri

ya bambi sure is busy
    tsh harmone
    the figure they quote as normal
    is an average and is still a debate

there are several reasons for obesity.. you havent mentioned your age diet and lifestyle...
    the answer to the problem is the same...

wake up early in the morning
    stick closer to nature

with vegetables and fruits in your diet
    this should include more salads
    and lightly cooked vegetables...

do not wait for tomorrow
    to exercise
    today is the day
    start today...

start yoga and breathing exercises
    with help from trained practitioner...
    and do not over do
    you can never loose weight in a day..

chew and eat food
    stop those in between munches
    esp chips and others packets...
    and pastries chocolates etc

maintain a diary
    of weight
    what you did each day
    eating exercising etc
    walking for half an hour will help

eat only when hungry
    and just twice a day
    try taking half the amount of food
    you normally take
    and if hungry after a while
    try taking water
    if it still persists then
    fruits...

avoid late nights
    tv
    movies
    that is sitting on sofas chairs
    or bed
    for hours together

spin like a top
    and the
    you will soon
    see your middle go thin

good luck
    it is always better to get proper advice from someone you know personally ...as there may be a lot of things you havent said ..eg allergic to certain things etc...so go slow

read up my write up
    meet the doc 5 a.m
    it will help you diagnose if you are on the right track...

sathya

8. v.gajalakshmi

v.gajalakshmi New IL'ite

Re: Hair care , Weight management - I , Banana Stem Juice

dear bambi! i have been drinking the banana stem juice for two weeks in empty stomach in morning , but there is no diffrence in my weight. help me . what should i do further?

Let us start this day with Weight loss program

Causes of Obesity, excess fat collection, keeping up body shape, etc .,

First of all , we should be consistent in our efforts – this is one of the principles of Nature Cure and don’t expect results overnight.

When I was selling herbal juices in hometown during my college days, I have had several middle aged & senior citizens who had different diet practices, who had drinking habits ,coffee addicts , snack masters etc. Dealing with diff people with diff diet practices was a challenge , but it was interesting. I used to give them a glass of Vegetable juice – Banana Stem + White Ash pumpkin + Carrot etc ., this particular formula was a big hit. Fetched wonderful results . Let me explain how it works and why it is needed.

Taking a glass of this in an empty stomach for 2-3 months in the morning or even regularly can take out the excess fat & toxic matters blocking your blood vessels from functioning smoothly (cholesterol, Caffeine, Nicotine, Unsaturated fat, etc ). Banana Stem is the best detoxifier we get in the market.

A glass of this with some light exercises can help the juice work in our body well.

The toxic matters are taken out through urine. Now for some case studies

(i) An old man of age 67 who had kidney stones & urinary track blockade, severe pain in the abdomen due to the blockade had come for advice. He was scheduled for a surgical operation in a month’s time for the same. However, he started taking this juice everyday, and after a month when he visited his doctor, he was informed that the kidney stones have already dissolved. He not only saved some real good money, but also the risk of getting the stones back even after the surgery as there is no assurance that he d not get the ailment back through surgery. Banana stem juice has permanently relieved him from the long lasted pain. In this way, we have attacked the roots of the cause and ensured a permanent relief. If this simple glass of juice can dissolve kidney stone, it can do wonders with tumor, cholesterol, excess fat, etc.

(ii) The same juice I was supplying to a Club of Badminton players. They were all heavy drinkers , obese , and had BP complaints & Diabetes inspite of their everyday play. That was a challenge ! This juice made them reduce half their size in a matter of 3 months, and after I had adviced them on their food habits & drinking habits , they further reduced their weight to normal size.

Regards,
    Bambi
    [/quote]

9. sapnabedi

sapnabedi New IL'ite

Hi,
    My hair are getting thin day by day and on the very front it apper as baldness.can anybody guide me om this issue.

10. girijashaji

girijashaji New IL'ite

Hai Bambi
    I have the problem of flakes on the back part of my head-Doctors say this is a mild form of scalp psoriasis and gave a few ointments which didn't work.The hair at that part is weak and short bcoz of the split ends.The scalp looks white in that area.I am very upset due to this .Is there any herbal remedy for this?Can anyone please suggest.
    Girija