1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

As I Look Back...Some times we are instrumental for some ones bright future..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subbutr, Sep 10, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My Dear Friends,

It was a Saturday evening around <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:TIME hour="17" minute="0">5 pm</ST1:TIME>, I was about to leave the office as all the weekly hectic dispatches are over.

Office boy entered in to my room and said Sir, There is a visitor sitting in reception room, can I send him in…

I just saw the visiting card the boy gave me, glanced and saw Salim. Regional Manager,
    A leading financial Institution’s name on it with Salem Branch address.

I recollected that name, Yes it is my office assistant 19 years back, that boy Salim was working for me for about 13 years and I got him the job at this financial institution as a collection assistance ( recovery section ) at Coimbatore…as the friend of mine was a Divisional Manager at that time.

That boy Salim was picked by me when I had one Mr.Hanifa as my factory supervisor during 1978, ( prior to that he was my co- staff in an another factory where I took my Initial Training before starting my own.

Mr.Hanifa hailed from a village called Wadankencherry – Pudhukad ( near Palghat – Trichur highway ) and when I went to his village for his family function, I saw his relations and his family, I was fascinated by a small boy around 15 years who was taking all the pains in receiving the visitors and accompanying them for Lunch and all…I asked Hanifa about him, he said that boy studied up to class X and he is a cousin brother’s son, as the family is very poor the boy could not continue his studies and so on…that boy also had 2 brothers Ali & Samsudhin..

As I had the plans to recruit some workers for the factory , thought why don’t we give for some. So when I saw all those boys and decided to offer them work.

Then I asked Hanifa to bring them to the factory for employment..

Hanifa brought those 3 brothers, his brother’s son Abdul latif and also another cousin’s son Latif to office one day..

I told them that they can stay in the office itself and work, Provided them accommodations, food and amenities for them.

All these boys worked sincerely and I was impressed by their work, ( On every Friday we used to have regular pooja and these boys also used to attend and wear the tilak Kumkum in their forehead…I used to ask them…be faithful to your community rituals, those boys used to say, sir Almighty is one and in different form ) years went on and Ali got married, he received an offer from Saudi Arabia, which I thought it will be good for that family to have one person employed abroad , so that the family can settle down in comfort. Ali left to <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:pLACE>Saudi Arabia</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> in year 1988. Samsudin got an offer from Mumbai, he too left.

As I had to shift my factory to an another place, I had to recruit some staff from local and thought Abdul latif can be shifted to my friends automobile spares marketing firm ( as my friends were interested to have some of my workers for their business, which I said no problem and if the boys are willing, they can join ) and today he is the sales manager in that leading automobile spares group.

My friend who was the D.M in the other Financial group wanted some boys, so Salim got his employed as the collection clear, Latif was employed as office boy in year 1988..

Now coming back to the Salim’s unexpected visit to my office after 19 years…

Salim came in and said Sir how are you, I told him everything is fine and enquired about him and his family..He was still standing when I offered to sit down,he said sir I am your office boy , I said that was that time and you are my guest now…showing respect should be in our hearts not by standing, then he reluctantly sat in the chair.

He said about his family and whereabouts of his brothers, stating that Ali has come back from Saudi and started his Belt manufacturing company and settled well, Samsudin is still in Mumbai got married and has his own business..

All he said is that he came to thank me for given the opportunity for their betterment and to invite me for his daughters marriage…

I said , yes I will be there for wedding and also can meet others on that occasions..

I also invited him to come home, and said that now Hanifa’s daughter is working in my office…He thanked me…

I came home and told my wife and kids about Salim’s visit to office, they were happy to hear that family is well off…All God’s grace.

Wondered how years pass and with or without our knowledge, how God has given us the chance for the others to come up in their life…

Subbu

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

That is a nice one.... Yes, we give opportunities to people..... If the take the opportunity and come up in life we are happy......

I definitely appreciate the efforts of Salem...

But I had a different experience.... I had given opportunities for 5/6 people who were in dire need of a job.....All the people have ditched me and left... Becaus of one person, I have to quit my job....

But it has not stopped me from doing the same even now also.....

So.....:2thumbsup:

Veda

3. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

You are right vedaji,
    There are some people who doesnot know how to use the oppertunities and repent later on.

Some times the bad experiances of helping to the undeserved leads us in to a delicate positions.

All are like both side of the coin.

Let us not get deviated from such worst experiances and our time to pay back to society in the long run gives us the satisfactions and make some one live happilly.

Subbu