As a Teenager I Miss or Missed!!

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 23, 2008.

Poll: As a Teenager I

1. Midi Frocks – Both short and long a or Short Skirts with Blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Jeans (wide bottom / tight fitted) with kurta or blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Sleevless blouse and low necks (saree blouse or blouse on western clothes)

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Low Waist Jeans with blouse (short)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Bell Bottom Pants and Blouse / Kurtha

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Sarees

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Half Sarees - long skirts with pallav

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Others - any dress of your choice

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Nice topic again. As a teenager I had the chance to wear churidhars, jeans, skirt, half saree and sleeveless blouse. Other than this i never preferred to wear Bermudas or low neck / low hip dresses. So I didn't miss anything..

Sorry Mals, I haven't voted for any but stepped in to post my comments.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sharadha,

I appreciate your post, voting is your personal choice.

Thanks dearie

3. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hmmm... Now whn i think abt it.. i missed wearing the western outfits in my teens. Im from Kerala whr u get dirty stares even for a tight salwar...So jeans and shorts were a big NO for me. I started wearing all these after marriage. That too not in front of my ILs. Here i wear jeans and shorts all the time..so free Bow

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mallugal,

Thank your stars you got a chance at least to try them out. I am surprised that men in Kerala are staring at women who wear tight Salwaars also!! While I have found most of them ogling at women whether in Kerala or in any other city. In Kerala, there is a point to mention, when they ogle at you for wearing something tight, then you all should ogle at their legs and more as their lungis are always lifted very high and embarrass them in return. In Mumbai we call men in lungis 'JULIE" "The Sexy Maiden" He he..

5. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

HI MALS,
    i went back to my schhol and college days with ur poll.
    i wore all dresses except jeans and sleeveless tops,though my mother used to tell me to wear all kind of dresses becuase i may not be able wear later and so on,but i used to feel shy a lot .
    but u know after coming abroad ,i had to wear jeans and once i started ,i love them ,and now my wardrob had more os jeans than churidar.
    now i feel i should have tried when my mom used to say, anyways its a nice poll.
    bye ,
    shashi

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sashi,

It is nice to know that you were given second chance by the Almighty to try out Jeans. There are many out in the world who live with all their wishes crushed in their heart.

Always go ahead and do what your heart says without feeling shy or guilty. There is only one life and we have to give it our best shot.

7. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

During my Young Age I have worn Mini Skirts, Sleeveless Blouse and Low neck Tops only inside our Home but I have worn Saree, Half-Saree, Skirts, Midi, Chudi, Salwar, Jeans, T-shirts for office and other places... But, mostly I am allowed to wear Modern dress when I go along with her else for other places like office when I go alone she never allows me to wear modern dress...

Even after my marriage, I haven't tried low neck tops, sleeveless and miniskirt (I know being a mother of 3 shldn't wear as if am a teenage girl haha) ... Thanks for this thread dear Mals and hope to see more threads from you ... Regards, Suni ... :)

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Suni,

Welcome to this thread.

There is no harm in trying out clothes, age does not matter. You have come to this earth to peform your role and not worry about this world, though there are lots of restrictions imposed from all sides.

Mother of three or two, does not matter, there are apparels for all sizes and shapes today in the market. Do try one of them, it is never too late to start something good.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Thank you so much for your words ... Yes there is nothing late to try and no harm too... I will try to wear very soon ... Regards, Suni ... :)

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Suni, :hiya:hiya:hiya

GO AHEAD!!!