As a Teenager I Miss or Missed!!

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 23, 2008.

Poll: As a Teenager I

1. Midi Frocks – Both short and long a or Short Skirts with Blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Jeans (wide bottom / tight fitted) with kurta or blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Sleevless blouse and low necks (saree blouse or blouse on western clothes)

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Low Waist Jeans with blouse (short)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Bell Bottom Pants and Blouse / Kurtha

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Sarees

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Half Sarees - long skirts with pallav

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Others - any dress of your choice

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals

I missed Churidhars during college years as mine insisted on Sarees only. My mom liked me in half sarees than in frocks/skirts, so had loads of them. Then sarees became my favourite although there is no paricular restriction after marriage. But for convenience I am attired in Chudis and occasional jeans/pants.

Nice topic and as you mentioned very nostalgic.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Thank u very much mals...i will surely try in pantaloons........

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi malspie,
    Very interesting...It is quiet common among girls/women to be crazy on latest fashion wears/dresses.It is also common that we tend to speak abt the dresses we missed.I never wore a half saree which is a traditional dress among south indian girls.But i enjoy wearing all the other ones now(except one or two) which u have mentioned.In my school/college days half saree comes under the list of outdated ones..but still half saree is supposed to be a favourable dress for many.Wearing jeans is my all time favourite.In my college days i missed wearing jeans/short kurtis.But now jeans is my first choice .So i a catching the one which i missed in my teen age...

Thanks for a wonderful discussion...

BC

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    you come up with such different topics, only you could do it!
    Well, I was the second daughter after 3 sons, so was a tomboy and wanted to wear only boyish clothes. But mom was very old fashioned and we were always at loggerheads on clothes.
    You may laugh at me, I used to borrow my brothers' pants and shirts during my teenage, they were so kind in sharing them with me (mom would not getme anything other than half saree sets).
    I have worn all dresses except short skirt and jeans. And jeans is still my dream dress.
    Now that I do not have anybody to restrict me about my dress, I feel that I should shed of a few kilos before I try a jeans. And I hope I shall achieve that in another year, at the most.
    How I would love to wear a blue jeans and a white top!

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

hi mals,

i missed this mini skirt so much, my mother used to tell me that i am very fair, and that all men will see only thighs........so no mini skirts..............but now i am feeling the same for my daughters too............but they are still young 9 and 12 years...........i make them wear now later i will have to see .............

bye dear
    love
    padu

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Maithreyi for stepping in with those valubale inputs. Low Waist Jeans were not in during my college times too.

Bye dearie

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear AC Lovydovy,

I cant imagine you in those half sarees, for me you are a bubbly AC.

I had no restrictions with clothes from home as both my parents had modern outlook. In a family where my mom wears sleeveless blouse and sexy low cut blouses on her sarees at her times, her daughter has to be a little forward than that. My mom would tell me, that she was sure about my liking for clothes as I would snatch all her new clothes drape them at home and keep them back. My mom would buy for me trendy clothes till I was in school. "Fashion" was important to her and she would love me to follow it. From the time I entered college, I have been piling my wardrobe with clothes. I have worn corporate suits, short skirts with blouse, flowing skirts, jeans, capris, shirts, Kurtis. cargoes, bermudas, shorts, sarees with designer blouses, exclusively self designed salwaar kameez, chudidaar kurti with scarfs, caps, hats, all types of hair cuts from mushroom to blunt to boycut to ponies. I love to experiment. I miss wearing midis as I was never very thin and could not carry midis well with a figure hugging cut or bikinis.
    I feel if one does what one has to do at the right age he/she feels relaxed later.
    Thats me, your malspie....

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sindhu,

Welcome to this poll. It is really nice to know that you got wear all types of apparels. Me too have a huge collection of sarees and am not wearing any of them as I feel more comfortable in trousers.

Do step in again.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Abhi,

Good to see you here. Whats more important is we should be comfortable and happy in what apparel we are? If you are happy with what you are wearing it boosts self confidence. From half saree to jeans and pants is a real great move. Keep it up dear...

Do write in ...

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi BC,

How are you?

In Mumbai nobody wears a half saree, may be not heard of also. Jeans were always in, so were most of the western outfits. Low Waist Jeans were not in during my times. And may be I would not be able to carry them as I cannot be reed thin.. he he..