As a Teenager I Miss or Missed!!

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 23, 2008.

Poll: As a Teenager I

1. Midi Frocks – Both short and long a or Short Skirts with Blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Jeans (wide bottom / tight fitted) with kurta or blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Sleevless blouse and low necks (saree blouse or blouse on western clothes)

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Low Waist Jeans with blouse (short)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Bell Bottom Pants and Blouse / Kurtha

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Sarees

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Half Sarees - long skirts with pallav

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Others - any dress of your choice

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vivs,

You are really lucky to get a spouse who has let you wear western clothes. I have seen some woman clad in sarees or salwar suits all their life. Lucky you and happy me to see you here.. Bye dearie

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aishu,

The point is we should not miss out on wearing a dress. It is a different matter if we do not have the figure to carry it out, but, having a figure and still being restricted is a real pain.

Good to know that you wore jeans at last.. hehe..

Bye dear

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sumathy,

I totally agree with your statement that today youngsters carry their dress very well, be it low waist jeans are busters they wear it with an attitude and men just stand miles away and drool.. :drool:drool

Even I love trousers very much, be it in form of jeans or capris. They will always remain my favourite.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sowmini,

Hey you have been very lucky to try out all kinds of fashion robes. Very few stand a chance like that.. nice to see you here.

Bye

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi mals

Very interesting and all time fav topic......i get chance to wore all except jeans , kurtis.pants.etc.........now my hubby gave me full freedom to wear anything.but bcos of my size i dont find it comfortable..........still even now i got 2 beautiful stretch jeans and 1 cotton trouser..........for my summer vacation........whether it s going to suit me or not...i planned to wear........with confidence.........i would love to wear 3/4th pants but......:-(.....iam not getting that in my size and i also feel that it wont suit me at all.........haivng BIGGGGGGG........THIGHS.....bonkbonkbonkRant..........).......

Let me pray GOD......BowBowBow....... that i shld be blessed with beauiful figure atleast in next birth............

Thank u for sharing......

6. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Great thread, and it brought back a lot of memories, and here I go down the memory lane! I was always given the liberty to dress in what I want, and the rule being, I should check out the mirror and it should'nt look vulgar to me!!! Lol.... Great advice my parents!
    When my wedding was fixed, I gave away all my jeans, skirts, shorts etc. knowing that it will be Salwars and saris henceforth! And was caught by surprise when on the 2nd day after the wedding my hubby asks me, why am I not wearing any jeans etc. etc.?!! So I told him that I gave away everything thinking that it would be a taboo after marriage! He told me he'd rather see me in western clothes, and occasionally in saris and salwars...so yippeeeee .. I happily shopped! The day I wore jeans in my in-laws presence, my FIL said, "now u look like my DIL"! Yipeeee again! I am married for almost 15 yrs., and even now when I go to India, my inlaws place, my MIL loves to see me in skirts, jeans etc. She even loves my Denim Capri, and thinks I carry it off well!! God bless my ILS!!!

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    Poor me :((((((
    I was wearing only chudidhar when I was a teenager.
    But now I am wearning everything including shorts during summer time.

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Its a fantastic poll. Dress, to ladies, that too in teens, you caught us!

I voted for short midi and frocks. I missed it very much when I was in teens. Especially, the one which has layers of frills in it. I used to wear chudidhars, long skirts & tops and the official set of dhavani(long skirt, half-saree and blouse) during my teens. Now, added jeans and capris.

9. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hey!

I forgot to mention my favorite, when I posted earlier on! All time favorite from the day I remember till date is Jeans and Capris! Trust me, nothing to beat the comfort of that!

10. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Hi Mals

As I grew up in interior TN and also in a family where my parents worked hard to bring up their 3 children, I did not have the luxury of wearing different kinds of clothes - like the ones that are around today.

I wore mostly half-sarees as a teenager and I went to a college where they insisted that girls wear sarees only...:-( I started wearing Salwars only after I started working (can you believe that? ...even I can't...) ...and now, I wear sarees once-in-a-blue-moon:) That's life!

So, I missed wearing jeans, tops, skirts etc...

Cheers!