As a Teenager I Miss or Missed!!

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Mar 23, 2008.

Poll: As a Teenager I

1. Midi Frocks – Both short and long a or Short Skirts with Blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Jeans (wide bottom / tight fitted) with kurta or blouse

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. Sleevless blouse and low necks (saree blouse or blouse on western clothes)

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Salwar / Chudidhar Kameez

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Low Waist Jeans with blouse (short)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  7. Bell Bottom Pants and Blouse / Kurtha

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Sarees

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  9. Half Sarees - long skirts with pallav

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Others - any dress of your choice

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]We all love clothes and with passing years our choices differ. As a teenager we sometimes had the opportunity to dress the way we want, at times we had the opportunity but not the figure to carry the dress in style, many a times we were restricted from wearing certain clothes, at times we had our own restrictions which we are regretting today. I have seen many parents not letting their kids wear sarees before marriage. In some places, they are not allowed to wear Chudidhar or Salwars before marriage. Hence I have included Sarees and Salwar / Chudidhars too. Let us poll for the clothes we have missed or missing wearing as a teenager. With every passing year, the style changes, so I have taken the most popular ones of the era, and am additing the option “others” too, so that you can caste your votes and specify…[/FONT]

Friends your votes are valuable to us. So do step in and caste your votes. This thread is dedicated to all members of IL.. as usual.

Love
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi Malspie,

Trust you to come up with such interesting topics! Well, I also missed wearing my bermudas! I so loved them! I used to get dirty stares when I wore bermudas as a teenager and so stopped wearing them! And now I cant! bonk

Regards,
    Anitha

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals
    Did not miss anything from the list use to wear all types of clothes. Now I am missing some of them ya because of my size now. It is not that DH doesn't want me to wear. But it doesn't look good on me now especially short skirts. Other then this I still wear all types of clothes.
    Low waist pants were not available during my time. Can add that in missed list.

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

I missed out on half sarees. I did not wear short skirt also, but that is something I dont mind. I always loved half saree, dressing up with traditional South Indian glitz, rakkodi on hair,loads of malli poo. God willing, when my daughter is of that age, I will make her wear all this even if she shouts at me.

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Mals,

Being a mumbaikar , i wore everything like shorts, skirts, minis, jeans, capris dungarees etc, wear all that except micros now. But as a teen I missed wearing the Dhawani , which my cousins used to wear in Kerala. I would feel thrilled to wear that when we went there, and our parents would absolutely adore that look, with the head adorned with flowers, lots of colourful bangles, payals et al......... You've got me nostalgic dear...
    Love,
    Devika

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aruna, Devika, Anitha and Vidya

It was a pleasure to see you all here and more smile to see Vidya... She has always been a sport when it comes to be honest in replies. Gals, nice to read all your replies and do keep stepping in my threads,, there will be some thing of interest to you..

Bye dearies..

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dearie Mals,
    You rock!! Again An interesting poll...I missed out on Jeans as a teenager.Though now i wear them! I wore skirts/salwar/half sarees tc..but wear not allowed to wear Jeans..Mom n dad were okay, but my relatives just didnt agree o it then..:-( I wore Jeans only when i started to work, much to their.....haa haa u can imagine

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals,nice thread.:clap
    i missed jeans,kurtas,my parents didn't allowed me also my college...but after my marriage i can wear anything,s,anything means anything...shorts,jeans,t-shirt,skirts...my hubby like only western dressesalso my inlaws r from Goa,no probs at all...so now iam very happy to wear those dresses which i missed in my teenage...

9. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Dear malspie,

You are transporting me back to those days ..
    Though in our family, we had freedom of dress, Jeans was definitely not the 'in-thing' in a place like madurai. And even when I started working in chennai, i still could not bring myself to wear one. That is, till I met my husband. The day after I got engaged (no reason why I should have suddenly got over my mind-set!!) , i bought one and Jeans still remains one of my favourite dress !

I really admire the way teens dress up these days - most of them (well, there are exceptions :<) have a good taste and can carry it off well too!

Cheers,

Sumathy

10. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear malspie

as a teenager i got to wear most of the clothes u had mentioned..on friday evening it was a custom for us to wear half sarees and otherwise my dad was ok with us wearing jeans,skirts and stuff..i got to wear everything tht way and am happy abt it....

lov
    sowmi