article writing - very good freelancing job for work at home moms

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by menakaa, May 9, 2010.

1. k_anandhi

k_anandhi New IL'ite

Hi menaka

I am looking for home based jobs. I have nearly 10+ yrs of experience in IT. Now I am at home to take care of my kid. I am planning to do some work from home.
    Please send me the list of sites to start work with. I had visited getsfreelancer.com. But it is having list of sites. you please send me some details.

Thanks
    anandhi

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
  2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Menaka...I did try freelancer after seeing your post, but i find it too overwhelming...Too many projects and too many bids for a project. I still haven't figured out the entire thing yet...Saw some reviews of Elance work form home jobs on mouthshut, there are negative reviews too...Unable to decide if it will work for me.

What is copyscape by the way? I am just trying to find out more...thanks

3. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi Menakaa,

Thanks again for your info on Odesk tests. :)
    I shall try to take up those freelancer tests and later the Odesk one as you mentioned.

not just me, im sure that many of ILs who want to work from home will benefit by ur ideas...so do keep visiting....

4. swethakalyanee

5. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi radhee mam and anandhi,
    I really have started getting regular work so my days have become very busy!
    I am happy to see that so many of you are getting help from the information I provide, this is what makes me visit IL again and again.
    actually Radhe mam, content writing, and article writing basically is for websites and blogs of other people. so people would want to make sure that you so not copy it from other websites, hence they use a software to filter your work, and that is copyscape. you can copy and paste your work in copyscape, and in a few seconds you get the result of how many words are taken from other websites etc.
    am planning to give a how to start freelance writing in my blog, am just waiting for my works to get completed.

Anandhi,
    please go to Freelancer.com | Online Jobs | Freelance Employment | Outsourcing Services | Programmers | Web Design | Freelancers or Elance | Outsource to freelance professionals, experts, and consultants - Get work done on Elance or Outsource to Freelancers, IT Companies, Programmers, Web Designers from India, Russia, USA, and more
    you get a lot of freelance works there.
    all the best ladies, we would win anything, the starting spark is what we are waiting for.
    menaka

6. swethakalyanee

Hi Radhee,

Here're my thoughts

1.As you have IT experience, you can try out technical writing.

2.Build a profile, make a portfolio of your sample writing works (IT or general like blogs etc.,) and Upload them in the sites like freelancer,LimeExchange,Elance work from home jobs, etc.,

3.getafreelancer.com is for beginers/freshers. Yes, there are lots of projects quoting v low price and LOTS of people bid for them (for as low as 1$).

Well, regarding the mouthshut reviews on Elance work from home jobs. I haven't read the reviews. But just got a point to share

3.Elance,Freelancer,LimeExhacnge,Odesk are platforms where the job seekers and job providers meet and post/find work. There are many good employers who pay your right and promptly.There are crooks who take your work and pay you nothing. So, some would have found great opportunities via these sites and some would have faced bitter experiences.

4.So, please don't just go by those opinions. Try FREE registeration, make your profile and portfolio. You will find a good employer :)

5.Once you get work from an employer, ensure that they pay your weekly or go for secure payment options ( like escrow as menakaa explained in the same thread)

6.Copyscape: It is a tool that checks if your articles are original (No cut/copy, paste from other sites/ resources). All employers will ask for 100% original articles and every article you submit to them will have to pass 'Copyscape' before they get published online.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  7. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

:) Menaka and swatheeeee..........

ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

You all doing a great job by sharing this information. Really will help out for lot of members across IL.

I am just going to make a trial, if its goes well, :thumbsup I will come back with my tips and success story.:)

Thanking you gals......

8. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Unexpectedly visited this thread, but learnt many things. It will be helpful for many women. Meena and swetha thanks for sharing such useful information with all of us and hope we too will get a chance to go through your articles.

9. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi Ladies!
    I applied to Prabug's thread. the offer is very good and you get good pay too.
    I would strongly recommend all of the talented ladies to make a try.
    thank you Glasco Baby and Chaita, yes sure I would share my experience, just running out of time.
    :coffee

10. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Hi All
    You all have shared very useful information to us. Thank you all hearty wishes to everyone. For a very long time I was perplexed to find out the ways to earn from home . Let me give try with these opportunities . If there is any other openings do keep us posting.

Thanks
    & Best regards
    Sangeetha :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010