article writing - very good freelancing job for work at home moms

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by menakaa, May 9, 2010.

1. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi Menaka,

I should thank you for giving me that 'spark' of finding a freelancing job.
    Well, Yes, I got my way into it too:)

As you have said, I started on with the same freelancer.com and bidded for projects. Initially my pay was less but now I do get a decent pay, as im into technical writing totally now. Also, Im just a part timer working for 2-5 hours/day.

Well, as you mentioned, I will try with other sites llike elance work from home jobs and others.

Yes, some of them have taken work from me but not paid too...
    gotta be careful with such people. seems every freelancer has to cross this hurdle.. na ?

Also, you have mentioned about 'escrow' in your post. what is that? Though I get a lot of definitions about it on the net. I want someone like you who are using it, mention the need and benefits of using 'escrow'
    I use a paypal account, which again deduces some good money as service charge!

anyways, I have to 'thank' you and Vandanaa Mam again.
    Until I read your posts, I never thought working from home is possible. :)

2. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi swetha,
    sooo nice to know that you are working and are happy.
    I was very happy to see your success story dear.
    well, actually freelancer has an option where in you can ask the employer or the project provider as they are called, to escrow money into your account.
    for example, suppose you have bid $30 for your job, your employer would surely contact you before choosing you to award the project. ask him to escrow the money into your account.
    now your pay is safe, meaning the money cannot be taken back until you reject it and would be surely released if you complete the work in time and as per the requirement.
    I nowadays use this method to secure my payment.

where are you from?
    actually from my experience I feel freelancer.com has so much competition that people have started writing for very low pay.
    do try some other sites too. there are a number of opportunities for us in this world dear.
    Wish you a lot of success.:cheers
    :thumbsup menaka

3. swethakalyanee

Hi Menaka,

Good to see your quick reply in spite of your hectic schedule. I know how time flies when you sit to write articles :)

Well, Thanks a lot for your explanation about escrow. Sounds like a real good option and would try to follow that method. I have a paypal account. Can 'escrow' service or option be initiated in paypal?

I live in Chennai :)

Its true that 98% of the employers offer v less pay (like 1$). As you said, its wise to look for some other sites. Do you know genuine sites (employers) wch offer writing jobs and would pay in pounds or euros ?

I'm planning to try out elance work from home jobs, peopleperhour etc., shortly.
    any other sugg please let me know

4. wisha

wisha Senior IL'ite

Hey Menaka,

"What an idea Sirji!!!":bowdown
    In a serious note.. your this idea seems great to me.
    Even i am at home and doing nothing productive.
    Loosing confidence day by day...
    Hope this thing work for me too..
    Will try it from today itself.Thanks a ton..

Courtesy,
    Wish@:thumbsup

5. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

thanks Wisha,
    If this thread is so useful, I really do not mind spending some time everyday to inform any new information I can come across.
    well Swetha, actually there is no escrow facility in paypal, it exists only in freelance services like freelancer, Elance work from home jobs etc.
    you could also try O Desk. They also pay good.
    keep trying ladies, we would surely learn a lot in the process.
    menaka

6. MANDIP17

MANDIP17 New IL'ite

Hai menakka
    its really good seeing your posts and i wish to clarify one thing ..... How do you get paid ?? And if u r getting the cheque then were Do U deposit it ? Can it be deposited in any bank or is it only through pay pal
    please let me know these details
    wish to work the way u said.... That is from home but honestly do not know the right way out to that.
    waiting for ur response

regards
    mandip

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  7. swethakalyanee

Hi Menakaa,

Sorry for my delayed reply. Thanks much for your clarification on the escrow payment :)

Yeah, I registered in ODesk sometime back,as I saw some employers offering good pay for projects there. But I have been postponing to take up that "ODesk readiness test" as im busy with my writing works.

Have u taken that test ? I hope its not that tough, as it is sort a open book test...

Yeah, please do make yourself regular on this thread,as your suggestions, tips will help out many to get started ! :) ( Like me)

8. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi Mandip and Shwetha,
    apologies for taking this long to reply, I had connectivity probs here!!!!!!
    Mandip,
    the best way to take a payment is through paypal. in the beginning of my career I had chosen money bookers for transaction, but believe me that mistake cost me quite some $$$$$$.
    after recieving money in your paypal account you can transfer it to your bank account through the net itself, or you can take a check. it is quite simple. just go ahead try it.:thumbsup

dear Shwetha,
    I keep coming back to IL to see if I have done something for atleast a single person. thanks for giving me tons and tons of satisfaction.
    the oDesk test is very simple yaar.
    Be careful to read the complete terms and conditions given there and then go ahead.
    One thing that is important is that oDesk makes you wait for a month if you do not clear in your first try, hence what you can do is, take freelancer test first, it is free and also no probs if you dont score , you would build a lot of confidence so that you may clear the oDesk test easily.
    all the best, keep in touch.
    menaka

9. surpiyasai

surpiyasai New IL'ite

hii....this is Sai here...would like to know how to bid for a project in freelancer.com because when i did try there came a command saying insufficient funds. Can you tell me how to take up a project and work on it. I have tried and failed to get a project.

10. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi Sai,
    which project did you choose?
    how much milestone payment did you opt for?
    may be the peoject provider did not have enough funds for fulfilling the milestone payment. check that status.
    for bidding just see what is the project amount, and check if the project provider has enough funds in his account to pay you.
    it shows up when you bid. do not forget to write a small description of your working or profile and so on.