Article 15 (upcoming Indian Movie)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sandyr46, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

The film is based on Article 15 of the Indian Constitution, which prohibits discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth.[3]Article 15 takes inspiration from true life events, including 2014 Badaun gang rape allegations and 2016 Una flogging incident.[4][5] Ayushmann Khurrana, the protagonist, is playing a police officer in the film.

Eagerly waiting to watch this movie. Rape has become so common these days. Even a 2 year girl child is not spared. Just like spousal abuse, child molestation within families are mostly kept under wraps.

I am a victim of such an abuse. First it was my uncles son, then my uncle and then my fathers friend. Since my mother hated me for being a girl child, nytin I voiced was termed to be fake or overacting. I recently vented it out aloud shaming all my predators during a family gathering. To their families it came as a shock and I did not care about the aftermath either. But after years I felt relieved.

Have you encountered such a tragedy? If so have you or will you voice it aloud?

2. pinkinaresh

pinkinaresh Gold IL'ite

Hi, how r u. Most of the people didn't said this type things out side And most of the people face this problem.they fear about what the people will think. But ur so great. I will be with u.

3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Pinki. I know I have started a very delicate topic but one that still prevails and yet unaddressed because people still fear society and the norms. But just like the 'Me too movement' someday more and more oppressed women will come out in the open and discuss these issues as well.

pinkinaresh likes this.
  4. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

@Sandyr46 Hats Off! to you for facing them openly and also for sharing it with all of us here. I understand it needs a lot of courage to even mention it to someone other than yourself and a whole lot more to hold them accountable, that too in the presence of your family. Proud to have you on IL!

Got to watch this movie today finally. I would recommend every Indian to watch it at least once to know the ground realities and do our bit wherever and whenever possible. It was an eye opener for me on several levels. Felt like a frog in the well as I always believed we as a country left these practices behind long, long back. It made it all the more emotional and thought-provoking knowing that it is all based on true incidents. More surprising was the fact that I never heard about this movie anywhere till my bestie mentioned about it when I told her that I had watched Dream Girl. She asked if I had watched Article 15 as it too had Ayushmanna Khurana. Having watched almost all his movies, Bareilly ki barfi to Badhai Ho to Dream Girl, was surprised to know I never heard about this movie anywhere. I feel he should and he will get a National award for this one too just like Badhai Ho and then everyone will watch it. At least that's my hope.

The movie and the incidents depicted put a few hot threads discussed here in recent times and over the weekend, in perspective. It helped me understand and appreciate the position taken by some which I was not able to wrap my head around when I first read those comments. Now I get where they were coming from and respect their views too.

Mistt likes this.