Art Of Walking In High Heels...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jun 16, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I used to be fascinated by high heels.Sure..They look beautiful and sometimes it is extremely frustrating that the most beautiful shoes have very highly heels!

I have tried heels when am in the mall and have walked successfully without tripping but have the phobia that I WILL trip on it someday..

I am someone who walks on bare feet and can trip even in a straight line!forget high heels:)

How many of you own high heels ?love it and feel extremely comfortable like wearing flats?

The worst thing about heels?seeing pregnant women wearing it and walking! One of my acquaintances who is pregnant wore such high heels and I was looking at her feet all the time with my heart beating like crazy..

On a caring note..no matter how awesome you can walk on heels..please refrain just during pregnancy.One slip and gosh! Just the thought is scary.

Vaikuntha, Sinant and Amulet like this.

2. Positivity02

Positivity02 Silver IL'ite

Hello fellow heels lover!
    I love high heels too, that too pointed ones as they give a nice structure and enhance the overall look.
    But let's be real, though I was pretty comfortable, wearing heels for long hours is painful and I used to be very scared too to walk outdoors in heels.
    When I joined work as a fresher, I used to go to work in flats and carry heels with me or sometimes keep a pair in office. There I would change to heels as the whole floor was carpet and I felt safe walking indoors.
    Nowadays, I prefer flats or block heels. I very occasionally wear heels and when I do so I always carry a pair of flats just for safety.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

At some point you'd grow out of it. Both the use and the feelings about it. And become old and sensible :frown::facepalm:.

Positivity02 and anika987 like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I can't wear heels.
    1) it makes me look very tall . Taller than hubby and cousins friends.
    2) it gives me pain in my hip.

At occasions I do wear because I love it. Like with grand ssaree / wedding reception etc.
    Then whole of next day I'll be cribbing about my pain. :oops::oops:
    I prefer flats.

Vaikuntha and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

yes flats and the cut shoes are atmost comfortable! Also,I don't mind block heels..they are more sensible and comfortable.

Sometimes I feel we get so influenced by the movie stars and try to imitate and the marketing people get joyous and make use of our weakness:)

I read some article long time back that movie stars wear heels mostly during shoots and next second they walk in flats! just to keep up appearances in show business they wear heels.

Malaika is one person who I have noticed wearing very high heels all the time and all her shoes are super pretty!

I always thought over all these years..how come she is super careful! Also wearing such heels could ruin your ligaments..

Heels are super classy and beautiful!! practical? Not sure..

Mayeb depends on one's social circle and places they go to:)

Positivity02 and Vaikuntha like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Baby girls standing in mom's heels is a classic facebook photo that many mums share online. The girl would have the expression that babyanika probably had when she was fascinated.
    But now, people take that to the extreme. There are now toddler size heels in the market. :facepalm::frown:
    This is like the ancient chinese way of binding girl's feet to make bonsai foot. And she needs to depend on palanquins to be carried around.

[​IMG]

anika987 and Vaikuntha like this.
  7. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I love heels too. But glad block heels are back. I see women wearing heels at work or for night-outs. They always have flats with them in purse- most of them do. For commuting a different shoe and then change into heels at work.
    I walk more lady like in a little heel :) so I think they make me look good.
    But lately I am being lazy and not wearing my heels. When legs ache after wearing heels- it reminds me to eat less in next meals. Wearing heels are good for weight control too.

anika987 likes this.