Art of Living members....meet here!!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by raginiprakash, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Navrathri Message

B'lore Ashram, Oct. 7th. 2008

Today during Navaratri celebrations and prayers at the ashram, Guruji said that the sattva is so high right now that anything you desire will come to fruition. He said to offer any three wishes, but that instead of small desires make a wish for something BIG:

* Unbounded Devotion

* Deep Faith

* Liberation

All small worldly desires will automatically be taken care of as byproducts, He said!

Jai Gurudev !

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Guruji’s Words After Navratri When Chandi Homa finished .

--- From the Vasudaiva Kutumbakam Digest.

Guruji met a few of us. He looked at all of us with so much love in his eyes for a long time. In between drowning us in love, these are the words he said-
    “Maan Saman Paisa-money, fame , recognition take all this and….” (he mimed a small bundle tied it and put it aside) .Then he smiled and said “Pyar hi pyar mein doobo” (Drown in love…)
    He kept looking at us.

“I want all of you,each one of you to be a light of knowledge. Be strong. Be steady. Let nothing shake you.
    Yeh choti si zindagi mein kya? (what will you do in this short lifetime) Leave everything , it will all come chasing you. There is nothing you will not have.
    Kya mango , kuch to hai. (What will you ask for?you have everything!) Itna mila hain”(You have received so much).

Then again he smiled with love and said “see today the subtle came to shake hands with the gross..so beautiful” .
    Oh Guruji you always leave us spellbound.

Jai Gurudev !

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Our Guruji answers .. with wise humour ...

Q: Are swamiji's God?
    Sri Sri: I think now you understood.Swami means, just one who is there for everybody. One who has made whole world as his family. For whom there is no one and other. That action in life when blossoms you all are swamis. You don't have to change your cloth, or grow long beard and hair. But this is just uniform (claps). :clapSuppose if tomorrow I come in 3 piece suit, will you recognize me? But it doesn't matter to me, but even now I'm in 3 piece suit (laughter).

Q: What distinguishes between good and not good desires?
    Sri Sri: You know that which gives you long term joy and short term problem is good, that which gives you short term joy and long term problem is misery. Just keep this as your criteria, that's good enough (claps).

Q: War and natural calamities signify what?
    Sri Sri: War means Worst Act of Reason (WAR), natural calamities invite you to be active and do service, and reminds you that you are not in total control my dear, there is a super power, a power that is permeating every particle of the creation, everywhere, just wake up, wake up and there is power and when that power is conscious it is lively, it can hear, feel and respond to your feelings.

Q: You expose us, give us such wonderful knowledge, yet whenever the time comes in our daily lives we are back to our little minds, what to do?
    Sri Sri: Doesn't this knowledge help you when you really need it? Whenever you were regretting, come to the present moment, hasn't it struck you? The very little time you spend has brought so much transformation, if you spend little more time, take little more time, go deep into knowledge and study you'll find amazing growth can happen to you.

Q: Why has God made stress?
    Sri Sri: So that I could have a job :rotfl (laughter and claps)

Q: Why good people are suffering so much, most of the time, feel powerless to overcome the bad situations?
    Sri Sri: You know when you feel powerless, that is the time prayer happens, prayer is a great strength. In Hindi there is a saying 'Nirbal to Balram' the weak and meek (Jesus also said) shall inherit heaven. If you are weak God is with you. Now, Good people suffer, not because of good actions, sometime good people do foolish actions. This opens new topic of karma. If you have sown a cactus you'll get only cactus, if you've sown mango seed, you get mangoes. A weed comes very fast, but for a mango tree it takes 3 or 4 years. If you've done something good, something good will come out of it.
    Another thing is don't think that you are weak, because you are good you are getting all the problems. No, there are people who are bad they also are getting problems. They do bad things, they also get into problems. You need skill in dealing in life. Just being good is not enough. Good and being skillful also, intelligence also.

Q: What is the distinction between sleep and meditation?
    Sri Sri: One is vertical another is horizontal (laughter). Big LaughFor now just think that much. But tomorrow when you sit for meditation don't think about it. You'll neither be able to meditate nor be able to sleep. Okay.

Q: Is Paramatma sarva-vyapi? (Is god everywhere?)
    Sri Sri: Yes.

Q:What is self-realisation?
    Sri Sri:Who is asking the question? Self, do you realise it.

Q: Why do we feel that something is lacking inspite of having everything?
    Sri Sri:Thats lack of knowledge. If you have knowledge and love, you won't feel any lackings in life.

Q: Guruji in one of your books you have said that "God is an illusion",how?
    Sri Sri:I have never said "God is an illusion", I said "Surrender is an illusion", because anything you surrender anyway belongs to HIM only. Where is publication department?( Huge Laughter)

Q: How can we give in our 100%?
    Sri Sri:Meditation is deep relaxation. 100% activity precedes or follows meditation.

Q: When you know maya is an illusion, does it cease to exist?
    Sri Sri:A. Is your question a reality or an illusion.

Q: What is truth? What is love?
    Sri Sri:Truth is that which does not change. To know what is truth, you need to go through all that is not true. So, all that changes is not truth. Life is a quest to find what is truth, don't be in a hurry. Truth can be realized in deep meditation and love is truth. They are two sides of the same coin. In short, truth is that which never changes and love is that which is undescribable.

Q: What exactly is a prayer to God?
    Sri Sri: Prayer happens when you are grateful or helpless. If both happen together, it becomes a very effective prayer. And, to whom you pray is immaterial. Its like the rain water, no matter wherever it falls, it goes to the ocean. So whoever you pray to, it goes to the ONE. It is the most precious phenomenon that can happen to human beings. Whole nature is a prayer. Sun shines and prays, wind blows and prays. Fulfillment is prayer. When mind matures and is fulfilled it is called a prayer.

Q: What is Moksha?
    Sri Sri:Ask a child. When his exams are over, he comes home and throws the book on the couch, then he will tell you what is moksha. When you find a deep relief in life, from miseries,sorrows, cravings and aversions, that is Moksha.

Q: How to destroy ego?
    Sri Sri:Destroying the ego itself becomes the biggest ego. When you tell everybody that I have destroyed ego, that is the biggest ego. Let it sleep there. Nevermind, feel natural, be friendly.Live in the present moment, that is an antidote to ego. So don't destroy ego, keep it in your pocket and feel like a child, at home with everybody.

Q: What is your opinion about conversion?
    Sri Sri:First, we should honour every religion. Those who preach that my religion is better so you join it, are ignorant. It was in medieval time when they coneverted people by punishing and torturing them. Now its different, now we have to take good things from every religion and move forward. Conversion should be there - but from RELIGION TO SPIRITUALITY.

Q: What do you have to say about today's education system?
    Sri Sri:It lacks the juice. It lacks an essence which can transform students to human beings. System has become so mechanical that we are producing human machines out of students. We need to create good personalities out of them. Full development of human potential is lacking and an all around development is needed.

Q: How to be happy always?
    Sri Sri: Drop the word always , then you can be happy every moment. :clap

Jai Gurudev !

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  4. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

More Q & A

Q: Guruji, my mind wanders everywhere how do I meditate?
    Sri Sri: Take a stick and start chasing your mind. See where it goes. If it goes to Goa chase it to Goa, if it is going to Bhavnagar, chase it there, if it is going to bhelpuri, chase it to bhelpuri, if it is going to Bhagdad, chase it to Bhagdad¦.. Chase, keep chasing and you see your mind is so tired that it will come and fall at your feet. That’s why Maharshi Patanjali says meditate on everything, meditate on elements, on Rishis, who are out of craving, even if you meditate on Rishis who are out of craving, you get into meditation. And when you sit for satsang, you get into meditation. But sometimes if you sit for satsang, and you are not there 100%, you count the ceiling, you look here and there. You have to bring interest by yourself, You have to bring the juice (ras/ necter) yourself. It is already there, you have to see the one behind. The one who put the juice. Don’t think I have to do, I tell you need not do anything its all burning for you, you don’t have to light it at all. When you are in Ganga, you don’t need a shower ! When you are taking a dip in the Ganges, why do you need to have a tap and a shower? Become effortless. Just know that I am nothing and I don’t want anything. But don’t start thinking about it continuously, this is also a Maya. That’s why Adi Shankaracharya says it is foolish to even think that I am Zero.

Q: Guruji, they say that if you are with Narayana then Laxmi follows. So should we not follow Lakshmi?
    Sri Sri: Some people don’t understand this. I would say pray to lakshmi. If you don’t pray to either but just do some show off with some rituals, then that is of no use. Then you land up being nowhere!! I would say, do ‘upasana’ (prayer). If you do upasana, then how do you get corrupt and dishonest? Don’t blame wealth, pray to wealth. In Sanskrit it is said everything is wealth. That doesn’t mean only the note of money.
    Health is wealth, Victory is wealth, Courage is wealth, you know the Ashta Lakshmi do Upasana and you will get the benefit. Just to fulfill our financial desires, you run behind lakshmi. Use skill; pray with devotion, lakshmi will come. It will never come with foolishness.

Q: Guruji, I enjoyed my silence, I really found peace. So if I become dumb, will I get moksha?
    Sri Sri: (Laughter!!! ) :rotfl Oh ! God, if you find something good you will go on doing it!??!?! There are so many dumb people in the world, is everybody enlightened.
    Extremity is a problem in our country. There are some people who keep silence for 12 years. And after that their voice box don’t function, looks like almost rusted. They cannot speak God has given an instrument, use it. Otherwise it would get rusted. But don’t speak too much, and don’t speak less as well. It your words are able to bring happiness, solace, definitely you should speak. Silence is also important. At least two to three times a year. Silence helps us to become more competent, become more courageous and efficient. So do both, keep silence and also speak. If you speak for 24 hours, then you loose your creativity.

Q : What is more important- knowledge or devotion?
    Sri Sri: They go in hand. Its like this, if you pull one leg the other will also come! Knowledge brings devotion and devotion brings knowledge.

Q: How can you incorporate spirituality in daily life?
    Sri Sri: The first step is not to think that spirituality is not for daily life. It is not different from daily life. So you don’t have to make an effort and try to incorporate it in your life. Your life can never be away from spirituality, it is only a matter of awareness.

Q: If there is Shiva inside us, then why do we do bad things?
    Sri Sri: When you do bad things, your Shiva is sleeping. When your Shiva wakes up, He says, "It doesn’t matter. Go ahead and everything will be alright." He brings back the power, the enthusiasm and the energy to move on and on.

Q: In business or commerce, we only think about taking or getting, but on spiritual path, it is all about giving. How can we shift from one to the other? How can we remove the feeling of guilt?
    Sri Sri: Being on the spiritual path is also about you getting so much joy just by seeing the joy in others. So, you do not have to feel guilty. Business is done with the head -- you take more and give less. Spirituality comes from the heart you give more and take only little. So never do business with your heart and spirituality with your head.

Q: We all say that if we are more spiritual, we can be better human beings. How can I be more spiritual?
    Sri Sri: Just this question is good enough! From time to time, it will give you many ideas. How can I be more useful? How can I be more spiritual? That very question, that very inquisitiveness, is enough.

Q: What is the greatest responsibility of a human being?
    Sri Sri: Every responsibility, whether small or big, is important at different times. Even the smallest task can be done with perfection. You do not have to be a genius, just be simple .

Q: How can I maintain happiness?
    Sri Sri: Do not make such an effort. In order to save your happiness, you have to spread it. Share your happiness with everyone. Why worry in this short span of life when there is such beautiful knowledge.

Jai Gurudev !

5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Gurujis Answers

Q: What is your view about ayurveda?
    Sri Sri:In last century people didn't care for ayurveda. Now that allopathy has not proved to be that effective, they are turning towards ayurveda. Ayurveda has tested the time. It has a holistic approach. It is re-establishing the health and not converting one disease to another.

Q: What about homeopathy?
    Sri Sri:Thats also good, but needs a lot of faith than ayurveda.

Q: Are mind and self one and the same?
    Sri Sri:Are ocean and wave the same. Mind is the wave and self is an ocean.

Q:Can a communist be spiritual?
    Sri Sri:They have to be spiritual. Otherwise he is not a communist, else he will be a pseudo-communist. A communist wants good for everyone, they want everyone to raise up in life. Spirituality brings these values in you. Spirituality removes small mindedness and negativity. And, unless that is done how can you care for anybody.If you have not got rid of stress and negativity, you will become a corrupt communist.

Q: What is the purpose of having a religion?
    Sri Sri:You know from your birth to death, life is full of rituals. You are born, you have a naming ceremony, you have a marriage ceremony, then death ceremony. All the important events in life are joined or conjoined with the religion. So it has become a part of people's life. Whats important today is to rise above and become spiritual. Religion and rituals can divide but spirituality unites.

Q: What's the importance of "Mantra" and "Tantra"?
    Sri Sri:Our body is made up of billions of atoms. And, sound is nothing but energy. Our atoms give or absorb energy. Mantra has a deep effect on our consciousness, they energise us. Tantra is the "How to" part, the technique. And, Mantras are used to make life better and bring more comfort to you.

Q: What is God?
    Sri Sri:That something which is present everywhere. In Upanishad, once a son asks his father,"How is God like?" The father says,"HE is like the sky, everything is born there, remains there and desolves there".God is the joyful space. Empty like a sky and full like an ocean. And, its nature is truth. God is love, love is God. God loves forms, so he created so many forms. So adore him in any form. This is what happens in Puja. In mantras you call your god to come outside and reside in the idol. Make life a play, don't become so serious. He loves fun. Play, dance, chant with God. Sit in meditation and feel God everywhere, like a *Rasagulla*( A sweet dish) soaking in the syrup.:)

Q:Gurudev! Pranam! I joined AOL family about 18 months back. I did one advanced course in your presence in Bangalore last year. I feel I am quite centered after AOL. But there is still scope. How to be more centered? I am not having control on my desires.
    Sri Sri:Do some exercises and do meditation. Do not worry about having a great control over desires and take it easily.

Q:How do I get rid of being materialistic? Does materialism got to do anything with stress?
    Sri Sri:Balance is essential between life, caring for the matter and the spirit.

Q:Dear Guruji, how do you handle differences of opinion in a group in a Seva project so as to bring everybody together?
    Sri Sri:Note that, everybody is together already and difference in any project only adds more dimension to the project. It also helps you to develop skills to maintain harmony.

Q:How to silence mind?
    Sri Sri:The will to silence itself will pay in many ways. Also, meditation and Sudershan kriya.

Q:How does Sudarshan Kriya help reduce stress?
    Sri Sri:It just does it.

Q: Kerala is 100% literate state but no. 1 in suicidal cases, why so?
    Sri Sri:Information should not be thought of as education. Though kerala is 100% literate in information, its not 100% literate in self-education. Our education system doesn't include spiritual aspect and if they do not broaden this aspect, it is very dangerous. Many educated people have committed suicide. Todays education is about "How of things" but not "How of life". What is prana,mind,life? This knowledge should be given.

Q: Buddha told life is "full of miseries" and you tell life is "full of joy", why is this contradiction?
    Sri Sri: Opposite things are complementary. You acknowledge misery, so you meditate and you overcome misery and there is only joy. Buddha began at that point and did not finish at that point. So everybody knows the first step, and somebody had to tell the second step. So I told the second step "life is full of joy".

Q: Scriptures describe a lot about "Heaven and Hell", is there any "Heaven and Hell"?
    Sri Sri:The bondage and freedom are present in the mind. When you are miserable you experience hell. This is not just the end of universe.There are lots of layers of existence. Universe is so vast, so unfathomable. And, you need to experience in order to prove or disprove something.

Jai Gurudev !

6. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Beautiful Knowledge
    --- Teachers Refresher Meet, Bangalore Ashram, Sept.2008.

Guruji gave the secret to go into meditation/samadhi. He said just remember three things before you go into meditation.
    1. Achaah
    2. Akinchan
    3. Aprayanthna
    Only when your mind is established in these three you can effortlessly go into samadhi.

Achaah - Being desire less! I want nothing; no desires for anything worldly or spiritual else the mind is either caught up in the outside world (people-relationships, bills, payments, laundry etc.), thinking about it or looking for some spiritual experience (light, fragrance, out of body experience etc.) in meditation. This is the biggest impediment to get into your being.
    Desirelessness is bliss!

Akinchan - I am nothing! Dropping the 'I' for sometime, else the mind gets irritated even on the smallest of disturbance, noise. Even a door bell, barking dog or sound of utensils in the kitchen can drive you away from the center. And the mind goes 'I am meditating and people are making so much noise! I need to teach them a lesson!'
    Dropping the 'I', I am nothing!

Aprayanthna - No effort! Meditation is effortless; you don't need to put any effort. Like you go to have a massage, you just lie down and the masseur gives you the massage, you don't have to do anything! Do you?
    Let the divine work for you !

You see how a plane moves through clouds, fog and mist as it lands on to a landing strip. Its focus is on a narrow strip and does not mind all the obstacles in its way. You too should be untouched by the difficulties and keep on the track of your path.

Jai Gurudev !

7. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

WARM WISHES FOR A PEACEFUL AND PROSPEROUS DIWALI

-- Guruji's Message:

Today is Deepavali - the Festival of Lights. The streets and buildings are lit up with colorful lights.
    The four aspects of Diwali:
    1. The lights: Symbolic of spreading the Knowledge.
    2. Fire crackers: When the explosion happens outside, the explosion
    inside is diffused.
    3. Gift exchange and distribution of sweets: Sweets dispel the
    bitterness and renew the friendship.
    4. Feeling abundance: Brings awareness and gratefulness for what one
    has.

When true wisdom dawns, it gives rise to celebration, and in celebration you may lose focus or awareness. The ancient rishis knew this so to maintain awareness in the midst of gaiety of celebration, they brought
    sacredness and puja to every celebration.

Celebrate the Knowledge and feel the abundance, for “those who have will be given more”. ‘…The more you give, the more strength will be given to you….’

Jai Gurudev !

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  8. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Guruji on Ayurveda & Meals

--- Coimbatore, Feb.13 2008.

Guruji : How many of you have body pains since early in the morning, raise your hand ?
    (There was about 25% of the crowd raising their hands)
    Guruji : You know why? We eat the crops that are cultivated by using chemical fertilizers. This causes a lot of diseases in our body. Do you understand? We don’t detoxify the body. To get good yield we use artificial chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Because of these fertilizers, soil turns toxic and he produce from the soil in turn becomes toxic and our body gets toxic substances as we eat them which cause disease and pain.
    How many have hip, joint, back pains and different kinds of headaches. I don’t want you to tell me the number of head aches that you have at home!!!
    If we have to get rid of all these pains and diseases, we have to go back to our traditional method of farming. We have to do natural farming, Zero budget farming low-cost, more yield, better health. So we have to take this as a revolution to the farmers.

You know the white sugar is termed as white poison in western countries. As it covers the knobs of the intestine and stops the nutrients from being absorbed by the body. The children who consume a lot of sugar are mostly lean because of lack of nutrition. If you stop giving them sugar, they will start getting healthier. We eat a lot of sugar and reduce our body growth as well. So instead if white sugar you should start consuming cane sugar which is in turn good for the body. It helps the liver as it has minerals.
    Now let us switch on to cane sugar. The only difference that you may notice is that gulab jamuns would look much darker and jalebis would be of a different color!!! It does not matter.

Similarly we need to learn breathing practices to keep our body healthy and learn meditation to get peace of mind and these things are very much essential for life. We should have knowledge and awareness on meditation, breathing practices and food.

We have to know how to eat well not how to eat more !!

After 30 -32 years everyone should take 3 Triphala tablets at night. It sets right all the three doshas, vata, pitha and kapha in the body. . It eliminates toxins from the body. Even if there is a problem with the food, Triphala clears the stomach and helps in good elimination the next morning. It also maximizes anti- oxidization in the body. All of you should take "Triphala" and you yan see the effect in your body within 5 to 7 days.
    "Deva Vati" is a good cure for amebiosis and other diseases caused by change in food and water. It is harmless and every one must carry with them wherever they go. It replaces antibiotics like Flagyl and others. Two to three "Deva Vati" can cure fever.

In India, what ever we prepare we add turmeric in it. You know why? Because of its anti-oxidant properties and it has medicinal value. In 1980, we called upon scientists for a conference in Delhi. When asked about the use of turmeric, they said it is just a color pigment without any value. Today, the foreigners may turmeric is an antioxidant and it can give immunization against Cancer and let we do not understand its real value.
    In Tamilnadu we add turmeric in the pickles, especially the lemon pickles. Turmeric means Goddess Devi. She is incarnation of lemon, turmeric, and neem. All the three plants are considered sacred in our country and they all give good energy to our body. If we grow lemon and tulsi in each and every house we can have good health in our country.

You know in our country there is a shortfall in the production of pulses. We are importing nearly 40% of the pulses and if this continues we will not have sufficient food In the future. So we have to plant pulses in our home garden and our women can do it.

My Grandmother was in Papanasam even at the age of 92 years she used to do things for herself and she had a good system of eating. Like, eating "Agathi Keerai" , on every "Dwadesi" day ( The day after ekadesi Fasting) and she used to take two kinds of vegetables . She had laid rules for herself and hence had a lot of energy. In the next generation the energy level came down and now in our generation it is getting lower.

One more interesting thing you know our "Idly" is considered to be the most nutritious food in the World. Because it contains carbohydrates, proteins, enzymes, fats, amino acids and fiber. "Idly" is said to be the complete food it is a happy thing to know don’t you think so.

Every one should consume ghee. Ghee helps the body to absorb nutrients. If I start talking on food I can go on for hours together. :)

Jai Gurudev !

9. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Diwali in Dallas with Guruji

CBC 11 News -- Oct.2008

For centuries most people from India have been doing special prayers on this day to the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Now, with economic times such as they are, some say those prayers are more important than ever.
    Tuesday night, thousands of people came to celebrate the centuries old Hindu festival of Diwali, or the Festival of Lights.
    As part of the celebration, priests and a spiritual leader from India, that many people came to see, took to the stage singing and chanting ancient Vedic prayers.
    Diwali is sort of a New Year celebration for Hindus… a new year many are hoping will be prosperous.

Oil lamps are lit as a symbol of the light or wisdom within — good over evil.
    The idea is to pray from a place of enlightenment.
    “You throw light on your life,” says spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. “The wisdom you have gained in your life.”

The faithful hope prayers for wealth and prosperity are heard by the Goddess Luxmi, who for Hindus is an attribute God. “It’s one God, but honored and respected in different attributes or forms,” Sri Sri Ravi Shankar explained.

Q: But can prayers to the goddess of wealth and prosperity help current economic troubles?
    Guruji: It is the greed that has brought us to the present crisis . If sincerely somebody prays… definitely the prayers are answered.

Jai Gurudev !

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Amazing Answers from Our Dear Guruji.

Q: How can I be satisfied in my job ?
    Guruji : There is nothing called ”Job Satisfaction” ! It is the biggest illusion that you will get satisfaction in your job. I tell you there is no such a thing as job satisfaction. This word should be eliminated from the dictionary !Satisfaction can only come to you by going deep within you, by praying, by singing and celebrating.
    Job you do is to maintain your family, your circumstances for financial security and all these reasons. Art, music, celebration, praying, all this you do for your satisfaction.

Q: I am a very helpful person, but I think people will use me very much . What can I do ?
    Guruji :(Jokingly) Be very “useful”…. Feel happy that you are being useful…. (laughter..! !!) Somebody has made us of you…So ,you are not useless..(laughter. ….!!!) Atleast you are useful somewhere.
    No,No…. Nobody is there to use you. Dont get into paranoia about it. Be intelligent. I am not saying just”be blind in serving” . See where it is required and how is to serve. But come from the space with in you of wanting to be useful for everybody.

Q: Please explain Pranayama.
    Guruji: The prana creates an aura around you. In the aura you can see how every disease gets manifested subtly and then gets on to the physical body. Six months before you actually get sick physically, the disease shows up in your pranic body or your aura. So pranayama works on the dimension of your prana and cleans the whole energy field around you. It heightens the spirit in you. It reduces or thins out the veil over the light that you are. You are made in the image of God.

It is even said in the Bible that, God made man in his own image.That is exactly what is said in the Vedanta too--- Yat Pinde tat Brahmande which means , Whatever is present in this little body is present in this Universe. Your body is a miniature Universe. Your spirit is part of Divinity. It is said that Ishwara amsha jeeva avinashi. The life force (jeeva) in us is part of the Universal spirit and is indestructible. Your little mind is a part of the Big Mind.
    Yet, what is that obstructing you? What is that wall between you and God, between you and Divinity?
    They are three things called Mala, aavarana and vikshepa.
    Mala is impurity , the mucous in your system or the imbalance in your body .
    Aavarana is the veil that surrounds the identity of who you really are, the veil that covers the light.
    Vikshepa is the mental disturbance.

So, through pranayama, aavarana and vikshepa goes and through other practices you will be able to handle the mala to some extent. There are so many techniques of Pranayama. The more deep you go into it, the more deeply you practise, you get better results

Q: Life is hectic. How to find peace?
    Guruji: Meditate. So first become a dreamer. Life force will move in that
    direction. Have a dream. Whatever it is, actor, model . Be flexible yet firm
    about your dream. Be a multifaceted personality. Always remember to come to the sacred space within you. That is your strength. Prayer gives you strength to move ahead. Guruji began by saying: " Let us start with
    questions. It is not a sign of intelligence to start talking before someone
    asks a question. That's why all our scriptures start with a question -
    Parvati asks Shiva a question, Shiva asks Parvati a question - in the
    Upanishad, the disciples ask questions of the Gurus. Even the Bhagavad Gita starts with Dhritarashtra' s question.

Q: Why there is 'SRI SRI' -- twice in front of your name, why not just once ?
    Guruji: [smilingly] I don't know, it is some of my followers who have named like this. Thankfully, they didn't use 'SRI' 108 times ....:)

Q:What role does innocence play in a society where intelligence is
    important?
    Guruji: Crooked person though intelligent is harmful. Innocence of a foolish
    person is of no value. Innocence combined with intelligence is of value.
    Innocence indicates our values of heart, life, friendliness. The human
    values. Friendliness of a crooked person is of no value. They cannot be
    loving. Loving is essentially innocent. We need to maintain our innocence
    and cultivate intelligence.

Q: Guruji what is Shanti(peace) ?
    Guruji: We must make you sit in a closed small room and play loudspeaker 24hrs. And not some good music, some heavy music. Then after 24 hrs, when we switch it off you will come to know what is Shanti. :rotfl(Laughter!!)

Q: What is the greatest responsibility of a human being?
    Guruji: Every responsibility, whether small or big, is important at different times. Even the smallest task can be done with perfection. You do not have to be a genius… just be simple.

Q: Having no emotions. Is that the symbol of an enlightened or saint?
    Guruji: They do have emotions. Only that they are not slave of their emotions.

Q: Do we need luck when we already have a Guru
    Guruji: YOU NEED LUCK TO HAVE A GURU :thumbsup

Jai Gurudev !

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008