1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Arranged marriage difficulties due to Inter-caste marriage of parents

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by MarathahalliGal, Mar 16, 2016.

1. MarathahalliGal

MarathahalliGal New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Very good afternoon.

I was wondering whether any of you have faced difficulties due to your parent's intercaste marriage?

Have you said that upfront in your profile or after initial interest?

If any of you have experienced it please do share.

2. MarathahalliGal

To add to the above, I have a confession:

My In Laws were particular that both my parents should be of X caste.

My parents did not reveal that they were inter-caste. I revealed it to my partner before marriage, but my partner chose not to reveal it to her parents.

What issues could I potentially face if they find out?

PS: We are now married.

3. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

No Idea how they take it depends truly per their personalities.

But Congratulations for your marriage.

4. MarathahalliGal

Thank u inboxsweetee. hope it all goes well.

5. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

If you told your partner and that person chose not to tell, then how should it matter. Because it is an arranged marriage, you should disclose as many details as possible before marriage. It is not at all a good idea to hide anything before marriage. It is not about whether caste is relevant anymore today or not or whether horoscopes are genuine or not, it is about honesty and transparency. It may not matter to you, it may matter to the other party. It is fine as long as you don't take it as a reason for all your future issues. Don't ever say that because of caste issue, you are having problems in your marriage. Just like you chose to hide some details, your partner would have hidden some details - do you like that? Please act responsibly and don't bail out of the marriage in future because of any issue major or minor. Caste may be irrelevant to you and for your partner something else may be irrelevant, something that would have greatly mattered to you. It is not a good idea to lie because you think the proposal is a good one and you cannot let go of the opportunity. Marriage is lifetime commitment and you should know that.

1 person likes this.
  6. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

I come from a background of intercaste married parents. When we gave the profile and went on groom searching, mentioned the same, and chose to search only from intercaste grooms. There were so many choices too. My H too is from the same background. It is better to reveal such things, but as you have moved on, just let it be under the veil.