1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aromatic Sunninpindi/nalugu Pindi (bath Powder)

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by virtualkv2020, Oct 12, 2019.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I have been hunting for a sunny pindi recipe since a long time using simple ingredients that I can easily make at home without waiting to fetch the ingredients during my next trip to India. I finally found this one.Nothing beats the inviting aroma. I got this from an Ayurvedic expert who certified that it has the power to get rid of all skin issues. After using it regularly I noticed my skin is more clear and soft.I am using it for my kids too.Here is the recipe.

Green gram flour - 1 kg
    Bavanchalu - 50 gm
    Gandha kachuralu - 50 gm
    Turmeric - 50 gm

Purchase green gram flour (flour made from whole green moong dal and not from the skinned moong dal ) from Indian stores. I found Hesh Kapur Kachli (kachuralu) from Indian stores. Kachuralu is a very aromatic herb which is good for skin and hair. It is known as Seemai Kichchili Kizhangu, Poolankizangu in Tamil. The only ingredient I had to purchase from amazon was Bavanchalu, known as Bakuchi in Hindi and Karpokarishi in Tamil.

Grind Bavanchalu into a fine powder and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Grind again to mix well. Remove and store in a glass jar. Mix the required amount with either water/rose water/milk/curds and use as a body scrub while taking bath and do not use soap.Enjoy!