Areas to look for housing

Discussion in 'Housing in Abu Dhabi' started by Smi123, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Smi123

Smi123 New IL'ite

Dear all,

Its me, back with more questions.. we are coming over from bahrain for a short trip with the object of finalising a place to live in AUH.

Can you guide me on which are the areas where I would be comfortable living, and why?

I have heard about Khaladiya, bateen, Al raha, and Khalifa city- I understand that this al raha and Khalifa city are far away from the city, but the rentals will be cheaper, and houses will be bigger..

I need practical inputs from you ladies- like, am I likely to find a 3-4 bedroom apartment in the city?
    b) I need to be in a place where groceries can be found close by, so where would you suggest?

The company is going to pay 200k AED as housing allowance - would that be sufficient for this?

I thank you all for your time taken to reply.

Smita

2. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Smitha

Welcome once again.. Good to know that you're finally visiting abudhabi. The housing issue has already been discussed in various threads. To refresh you, let me tell you that with 200 kAED you can surely get a good 2-3 BHK in the city itslelf. ABudhabi is a small place and theres nothing like good/ bad locality. ..In fact every place here is good enough...!Parking is a probelm everywhere though. If you want to be in a considerably quiet locality you can opt for places like bateen, AL raha, shahama, al rahba, khalifa city etc... which are away from the city.

Since you are getting sufficient hra I would personally suggest that you try to find an apartment in the city itself. advantages being that you save time on transporation/most of the schools are in the city/ other entertainment.. movies/hotels also in the city . AS for grocery stores they are available in every block in the city. so not to worry at all. For major shopping you can visit the supermarkets which are also considerable in number.

Hope the info is sufficient . All the best to you and your family for a great begiining of life here...

3. Ruhaanee

Ruhaanee Senior IL'ite

Hi Smitha!

Welcome to Abu Dhabi

Although 200K is a good housing allowance still availability of a good apartment is very difficult. You may be lucky with the recession hitting abudhabi also.

You can decide on whether you want to stay in the city or outskirts like Mohamed bin Zayed city etc. If you stay in the city you can try looking for new buildings with underground parking, because parking is the biggest problem here in the city. Parking is not a problem in the outskirts.

I am sure you will find some good place.

Rgds