1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are your inlaws selfish?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by funky40, Jan 31, 2010.

1. funky40

funky40 New IL'ite

My inlaws are very selfish.They treat me as if I am a cook in their house.They never appreciate me.My MIL never likes to be in the house.She is always out.She just makes me feel I am useless.She is always buying clothes or jewellery for herself and she never thinks of me anytime.My Father-in-law also supports her by buying jewellery for her.I feel they should even think of me.Atleast they can say na that even you also take whatever u like.What should i do?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Hey funky,
    Looks like you are really frustrated with your in laws. Take up one issue at a time like they treat you like a cook.Now tell us what do they tell you to do. how much do you have to etc. What is it about the situation that frustrates you.
    Then deal with the next issue.
    this way you will get a lot of help and support from ladies here.
    there are many of us like you.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

a husband has all rights to buy his wife
    so dont think about what your fil buys for mil
    they are not our parents to ask what you want
    never expect anything from inlaws
    till date in past 1.5 yrs of marriage my in laws never gifted me anything BUT i never expected anything from them so i am happy
    and my mil never appreciates me for anything i cook or get or do
    see thats how life is ..we may not be liked by everyone and neither we like everyone so just ignore their comments go with your life ..live the life you want with 0 EXPECTATIONS

4. funky40

funky40 New IL'ite

the problem basically is that she tells me now I am free.I can do whatever I want and she puts all the responsibilities on my shoulder.I feel that this is not fair.I am just 25 and have a 18 month old son and you are not even 50,so you can help me with managing the house.I feel you expect me to manage everything so why can't i expect you to pamper me,compliment me

5. funky40

funky40 New IL'ite

I've been married for almost 5 years.I had a miscarriage 3 years back and she put all the blame on me that I did not eat anything and that's why I had a micarriage.I thought that at this time she could support me.But after that she started behaving rudely.Then i became pregnant for second time and I was almost in the house to be safe.She was never there in the house.She and my SIL always used to go somewhere or other.This depressed me a lot.I feel at that time she could be a little more caring.She never even bothered to ask me if i had my food or not.But now I am busy with my son .But i cannot forget the way she treated me

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Why doesn't your husband buy you anything?

7. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

dear funky ,dont feel bad as almost all in laws r selfish,they cannot treat us like their daughters,we all r sailing in a same boat...i have been married for 10 yrs,evytime we go india for holidays,we buy so many expensive gifts for in laws...but they have never ever bought a single gift for me...but i dont feel bad now as i know that they r made to take from us not to give something.....but i buy evythg for me on my own..of course my dh gives me money.
    dont worry life is like that after marriage.

8. funky40

funky40 New IL'ite

thanks everybody for your lovely advice.now i am feeling very relaxed.

9. vimala1957

vimala1957 Bronze IL'ite

I feel you are right . But what is your DH thinking about all this? You both are responsible to each other and he must take care of your feelings and problems.