1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are your children cherished?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Nov 17, 2010.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Thank you very much Spiderman. :)

2. meenasankaran

Thank you Cinderalla. What a delightful pen name you have! And so befitting for one who lives in the fairy-tale kingdom of LA. :)

3. meenasankaran

As always, you make a good point Ambika. Children need their parents to spend not wads of money but quality time with them. No amount of costly video games and high-end birthday parties can compete with an hour of playing chess or a game of cards with your child. Thank you for chipping in with your thoughts Ambika.

4. meenasankaran

My dear Kamalji,

Thank you for your understanding words. While I feel a little guilty that I made you (and a few others) cry with this post, I really wanted to honor the memory of this child with a gentle reminder to everyone that time is a luxury we may not all have with our children and that we should enjoy what time we have been blessed with and let them know that they are loved.

I am humbled and honored to see you nominate my post once again. Thank you Kamalji.

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Meena,

I felt sad reading this. I can absolutely relate to what you wrote.

I think every parent should cherish the children as their precious gift and also they should make them cherished too.

May that little girl's soul rest in peace

6. dimepona

dimepona New IL'ite

Dear Meena

Thanks for making our attention towards this important topic .
    I feel very sorry for such childern about which we regularly read or listen in newspaeprs.

But if we truly put our hands on our heart ,somewhere we all are responsible for that because on some or other moments we always do the same rat race.

Like asking him or her "who is the best in ur class?how much marks he or she got?How well behaved that child is?" and so on.....

yaah we have putted alot pressures on our childern.

I myself dont want to do that but i don't know ,sometimes somewhere or from inside these things comeout which hurts us.

Can we think why don't we compare or judge our partners or parents ?...why we compare only our childern?

Why we cannot accept them as they want to develop ?yah somewhere sometimes...hardness neccesaary..

Also a good note that why we put our frustations and anger on our childern ?...why not on others in life.?..

I try to make myself control on these ..make myself improve for them..because in reality they r perfect because they(childern) don't do these things with us.thanks to all of u to make me think on these.

7. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Thank you meena madam, infact your post is really an eye opener(self realisation) for all of us.After reading your post, each and every parent will stop by and think about their attitude towards their children.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena

Very touching post. Feel sorry for the little girl's family.

Like DNM I also had my first daughter after three years. So my children are my treasure. I cherish them. Sometimes I feel I should have been a little strict with them. My husband has always been strict when required and love them when required. They know that I am there to support them. When I used to tell my son keep everything in proper place in the house he used to say if you keep everything in perfect order then it is not a house.

Now since only me and my dh are there I really miss them. Really chidlren are God's gift to be cherished

love
    viji

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

The response to this thread, says it all dear Meena!

Great post but a heart wrenching story of the little girl. It pains a lot and unfortunately many lessons in life we learn through hardship and painful events. I don't have much to add from my life, like many IL friends who have shared here, but certainly understand and agree to them. The fact that we all realise it and change appropriately itself is good to see. Being a parent is not easy and I think everybody here is doing a fabulous job at being one.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  10. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear meenu,
    I have come here to make a cnfession.I have to ,otherwise,I will not die as a peaceful person.
    I have two lovely daughters.They grew up fine. I was a disciplenarian.

I was harsh on my daughters,particularly on my elder one.Both my daughters could sing very well,but I patted the younger one on her back,while I did not do so to my elder one.I remember,when both of them sang together I shhed the elder one telling her to allow the younger sister to sing.
    I once even slapped my elder daughter or usig a word that should not be used,what was that?****,thats all.I remember her face that became small and she was terrified.
    I also complained about my younger daughter to her vice principal,that she was not taking care of her things.She was admonished in front of the whole school.

My dear,when I think about these incidents I feel wretched.I spoke bout this to my daughters.They said,"Amma,parnts can't be custom made.If you punished us ,you also gave us wonderful things,we learnt so many things from you."

My daughters are punishing me now.How?

My elder daughter has become my mother.She is loving,caring and very affetionate.What ever she does,whether this couple go out or o on a holiday ,she keeps us in her mind,particularly me and plans accordingly.When I was discharged fom the hospital,I had no bladder and bowel control.How many times I would have dirtied the floor,she cleaned up the mess without showing the slightest irritation.She would tell me,"Amma you are my eldest child.Don't worry,I am here to take care of you."I think this is the most divine way of punishing someone who was callous towards you.
    My younger daughter is no less .She gave me life and brought me bacjk to life with her prayers and she somehow smuggled in homoepathy medicines into the ICU and administered them to me without a soul knowing it.Her prayers did the trick.

Now Iam telling my daughters,"Academic brilliance is not everything.Be good to your childen."
    My dear meenu,now that I have poured my heart out to you I feel good.
    love
    mithila

1 person likes this.