1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you proud to be a woman?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by puni88, Jul 4, 2007.

1. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Are you proud to be a woman.

wow what a nice write up!!!

3 people like this.
  2. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Re: Are you proud to be a woman.

I don't know how to anwser this question.

I was proud to be a girl before marraiage.and now too.

After marriage I questioned myself being a woman in few situations though they are petty to tell and think but they questioned my integrity being woman

Krish

3. VidhyaS

VidhyaS New IL'ite

:rolleyes: Oh Absolutely! Duh! I am very proud to be a woman.

I believe that this is one of the homo sapien species that have shown such phenomenal growth & development over the years. That itself is something to be very proud of!
    • You move away from your home into another family, carve a niche for yourself and then develop another individual family with its own set of values & culture! Speaking of project management of life - what better example!
    • Superior mental grit, maturity & strength to deal with everyday tactical as well as long-term strategic activities. So you plan about stocking up groceries as well as your child's future life planning, college savings, home renovation, decoration, career planning etc
    • You are a procreator of life - you give birth to another living being! You are the life-saver of the family - you feed them with the right nutrition.
    • All matters revolve around you! you are the central force that keeps everything together. "Ask Mom......!!!!" You maintain the balance in the household.
    • We have become hugely successful career oriented individuals- CEOs, CIOs, globe-trotting professionals, business entrepreuners etc!
    • Not afraid anymore to take some bold steps & decisions, venture out!
    • Our inner confidence is evident in the way we carry ourselves, "dress-up", are aware of our appearance in all strata of society - puni88 - can you imagine filling an entire thread with different responses on favorite dress if you had asked men?
    • Look up statistics on how many women are enrolled in institutions of higher education , how much more they earn, how many more women drivers are there in the world compared to previous years.
    Granted that this development has not touched all strata of society and that not all women know to exercise their rights and inner strength, but as I said women are still evolving and continue to grow & become aware.
    We have not become static!
    :wave And it all starts with being proud of who you are - a Woman!

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Thank you folks for your kind words of appreciation.
    It feels great .

Best Regards
    RIa

5. ramakrishna

ramakrishna New IL'ite

MADAM.

I liked the article are you proud to be woman I have fullrespect to wife without her my life would not be happy one. women are to be vey proud .

with regards

ramakrishna mythily:wave

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  6. sushmasampath

sushmasampath New IL'ite

hi pavitra,

i identified totally with your thoughts and circumstances too,just because i felt the same during my marriage.

ours was love-cum-arranged marriage,so problems were bound to happen.but till that day i had considered myself educated,strong,confident woman who can contoll all situations in my life.but circumstances proved it totally wrong,i was rendered helpless and there were so many things occuring and which i was not happy but could not do anything about it.

I felt this was due to limited social role of woman in such traditional situations.i was expected to keep quiet.:mad:

even tho we have a great married life,my marriage has remained with me as a night mare.i feel bad as it is said to be the most wonderful moment of anybodys life.hard luck...........:cry: