1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

are you distantly related to the great karnan too?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Oct 17, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hey veda

nice to see you defending the great karna...but you must see the earlier version i think gemini acted as karna....no way equal to sivaji...thats my comparision...
    anyway veda...there are lots and lots of things to be learned from epics for example...that it is no curse but concentration that is needed...and another article in indian express which came quite a few years back said the derobing was compared to the vitality of a field....with artificial chemicals and the lord himself restored it with nature...
    and the good deeds that accompany will save you at whatever cost...which can only be taken away on the sly like how it was done to karna...
    never mind how come nobody questioned what i said about brahmasthram is...gayathri mantra repeated in reverse theriyuma?
    and who doesnt like karnan....the great...

sathya

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello janani

please send me cheques too but forget karna for a moment will you...or remember only when you fill up the amount but have to keep the bank full ....

sathya

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hey shanthi and veda

inge enna nadakkarthu...karnan perai sollindu...sms long distance call ellaam pora maathiri illa irukku...paarthu paarthu indus la ...bill thaalichuda pora..ahaha
    and shanthi yes...i too find the missing tickets right there in my handbag...but the lub dub moments ...oh what karna !

sathya

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Sathya
    Hats off to you :thumbsup for such a wonderful write up. Thanks to you I am starting a good afternoon. Really enjoyed it so much how you went around genorosity and arrived at forgetfullness. Very very skillfully written.also didnt know brahmasthram is...gayathri mantra repeated in reverse theriyuma? really i will ask my husband that. looking forward to soooooo much more. Ofcourse all the replies are always so much fun to read.:clap

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sathya,
    Another nice write up? Is Brahmastram nothing but Gayathri Mantram in reverse chanted several hundred times for 45 days? this is news.
    Ok...mmm.. what am i going to reply here.....m:bang what i wanted to say is ...:confused:

sriniketan

6. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear sathya,

Karnan is a great character in Mahabharatha and manirathnam copied him in his movie Thalapathi. I liked the Karnan movie with Shivaji Ganesan and the song 'Ullathil nall ullam urangathenpathu..' is my alltime favourite.

Regarding Karnan forgetting the manthram, it is because of the saabam he received from Balarama. Karnan although a shathriyan posed as a Brahmin and tried to learn the manthra from Balarama. One day, while Balarama was asleep, Karna kept his head on his lap. Just then an insect started to make a hole in the thigh of Karna and the running blood from the wound woke up Balarama. Balarama suspected that Karna is not a Brahmin as no Brahmin could have tolerated the pain from the insect bite. Karna had to confess to Balarama that he is not a Brahmin and then Balarama gave the curse that at the right moment when Karna wants to use the manthra he will not remember.

Luckily I am a brahmin so I can learn the manthra from Balarama.:-D

Regards,

TDU

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear TDU,

If I am not mistaken, it is not Balarama...... It is Parasurama.....

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sathya,

I have not seen the emovie in which Gemini acted as Karna... I liked the movie by Shivaji... Shivaji was one of the greatest actors... no doubts... Like TDU told... Ullathil nalla ullam..... (like Veda's Ullam.... hahahahahahah:tongue:thumbsup).... is a great song....

Regarding Bramhastiram... I dont know... Since you have fired one and the rest of us doesnt know... how to defend... we have to accept it and leave it... hahahahahahaha....

I didnt lecture on the epics... Like I told earlier... There are few characters in the Epics which needs to be analysed and looked into differently... If you let me... I will keep talking, talking...

Sorry for deviating.......

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Friends

mmmmmmmmm.............very interesting to see all ur post, i never used to reply for all these threads, since i donon to write like u people, still want to convey my feelings also

Iam very very very closely related to Karna, i will forget anything and everything and i will fight with my hubby for this even i used to send cheque unsigned, or without filling the amount!!!!!!!! , already forgot my all ATM passowrd, LOST MY 2nd CYLINDER :bang:bang:bang:bang:-:)-:)-(somewhere(Helped somebdoy at right situation, they didnt return and i forget who is that)i can add very big................list to this

And, God has saved me many times, that, i forget to take out key from my scooty,next day morning Milk wala or my neighbours used to give me :bang:bang

latamurali

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello chitra

you not related to karna eh,.....booo hooo...not fair ...i thought when we are distantly related we form one big karna gang...! glad you liked it...the part about the gayathri manthram is great na?

sathya