1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you constipated?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 9, 2010.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Welcome, my friend tanoshi!

//Hope we don't catch it or if we have, better start treating it...get going and start announcing love and passing on more hugs before it gets malignant!:)//

You got it just right. Happy healing and get well better soon.

2. meenasankaran

Hi Suja,

As in everything, finding the balance is the tricky part, I guess. ED can bring as much trouble as EC from what I am hearing in this discussion.

//A few months ago, I was asked to "bugger off" though quite politely in the Queen's English by an emotionally constipated 25 yr old.....the rejection hurts, but yeah, I now classify it as her loss and not mine........duh, does it sound like "these grapes are sour" syndrome :))//

Without knowing any of the particulars of the above incident, I am on your side, my friend. It is indeed her loss, not yours. :wink:

3. meenasankaran

Welcome and thank you, Aruna and Amma15! :)

Aruna - Yes, this is a bit off from my usual ramblings. All of the posts that I have been posting in IL in the past few weeks were written last year for my other blog.

This is one of my own favorites. Just felt compelled to write this post after taking a good long look at myself in one of those rare self-reflective moments. :)

4. meenasankaran

Dear Cheeniya sir (Would you rather I called you Sri Uncle?? Sir sounds awfully distant and polite to me.)

You could probably give lessons to the IL community on how to comment. Wow, that is one big sack of knowledge you are carting around. :)

//emotional diarrhoea ( US guys spell it without the ‘o’ as they feel too weak to include it when they are stricken with it!) I was reluctant to write about it as openly as you did because I could never spell the word rightly without a dictionary hanging down my neck.//

Ha ha ha.....hilarious! I never thought of it that way.

//We keep repeating “I love you” so many times per day, they grind their teeth and mutter under their breath ‘This guy is a nutty parrot!’//

Oh, how I envy your ability to express your love! If only we could all find the middle ground here! Wouldn't that be awesome!

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena
    So it shall be 'Sri Uncle'!
    As the ancient Hebrews always concluded their decrees,
    "So it shall be written and so it shall be done'!

Seriously I was waiting for this offer and the offer has been made. Now is the time for a jig or two Fred Astaire style!
    Sri

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Sri Sir, Thats a lovely description of ED patients. I am one of them!

Meena,
    Well written and amused at the new terminology EC. :) Hope you overcome your EC. I have no plans to take any medication for ED - let it run its course. :biglaugh

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear True
    I am so happy to learn that you too are affected with ED like me! There is no cure for ED and it's truly a blessing. If this world continues to be fun despite all the global warming and terrorists' activities, it is singularly due to the ED affected people! You can pull up your collar if you have one like the lady IAS officers of yore!
    Love
    Sri

8. meenasankaran

//"So it shall be written and so it shall be done'!//

Sri Uncle, it is then. I like it.:) Thank you Uncle.

9. meenasankaran

Thank you mstrue! :)

As Sri Uncle says, having ED is a blessing. Don't take any measures to cure it.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,

Let me first congratulate you for becoming a resident member in our FP forum! This too, my dear girl, has been nominated!!

Even though you have gone to great lengths and written about how emotionally constipated you are, I have already disputed that statement in your other post and repeat it here, that it is impossible for you to suffer from such constipation!

Going by the counts of your posts and seeing how much you have to say, it is a sure case of emotional diarrhea!

:confused2:..Gosh, what am I up to...why am I discussing constipation and diarrhea in a public forum! All your fault Meena, you are surely attacking us with new vocabulary and breaking norms!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010