1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are You A Talkative Or A Quiet Person?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jul 11, 2021.

1. rathiprasad

rathiprasad Silver IL'ite

I guess it evolves according to the situation. Was brought up based on the maxim, children especially Girls are not to be seen or heard. So, the norm of being quiet was supposedly a good thing. I can still remember aunties chiding us girls for having an opinion.

That is until landing up in a corporate environment where visibility and talk is of paramount importance. You don’t talk, you don’t exist. I picked up the culture of voicing my suggestions which gave me greater confidence in presenting ideas. I always advise my children to be the first one to voice up in meetings.

Currently I tend to weigh conversations in terms of the energy extended and end results. If too much time and effort is required in unending conversations that go nowhere than I put a stop to it with an excuse. This is especially so with friends and acquaintances.

However, with children there is no end to the talk time as that is important in molding them into the right direction. My youngest child is about to embark on a new career move in a different location and talk time is very important for emphasizing and re-emphasizing good values.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This is a beautiful expression and one remembers Father of Nation - Mahatma Gandhi. He was able to organise huge rallies and resistance against British colonialism. He called salt Sathyagraha & “Quit India”.
    In two words, entire world understood what it is . The most effective & powerful communication with simplest words to date.

3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

The Mayor of Bombay Mr. Meherally was the one who coined that phrase.... not MKGandhi.
    The man who coined the slogan ‘Quit India’: Remembering Yusuf Meherally

Whenever something is ascribed to Gandhi, one should remember Abe Lincoln's comment on the internet: "You can never believe everything you read on the internet"