1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a superwoman? - Happy Women's Day, Friends!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You write
    women of my generation are envied for the liberty - financial and otherwise
    I do not think so ! Unless you have experienced something or perhaps crave for something beyond your reach, you will never miss it ! We were very happy & contented within given parametres! I do not think, I ever felt the necessity for financial freedom. It was never - my money, your money - but always our money ! We had the confidence that liberty will never be taken for granted or misused.
    Ofcourse, there are likely to be exceptions, as for every rule !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chithra mami,

Happy Women's Day for the super woman in everybody.

My personal view is for every husband wife is the heoine and the same for the wife but as a human being we have a life and we need to live the same for ourselves. If we have a goal and we are on the road to acheive it or acheived it. We are always "super". With all the roles a woman has to play, she loses her identity in the first place and starts to think her life is her husband & children only. God forbid if a tragedy strikes, and somebody has to leave us at a very young age, the woman is totally lost. She starts talking that there is no purpose in her life. I totally disagree with this kind of lamentation. With all the roles we play, every woman/man for that matter should have a supreme goal in life. All other things are temporary. If only everybody work towards this kind of a goal they are always "SUPER" man or woman does not matter at all.

3. Chitvish

Just a word change. I would prefer to use "individuality" instead of "identity" !
    I think of myself as an individual Chithra and then only identify myself as the spouse or any other role.OnlyI know what I want. Though compromise is necessary to a very large extent, I do not like to lose myself in the process of compromising !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

sure chith...I take your views too :)

love
    pavithra

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

:tongueDear Mami,

I Agree with you !!!

May be when words start coming into you on your favourite topic mismatch happens. I agree with you that one should not lose their individualit in the process of compromise.

To tell you a secret & truth, my dh respects me more now. He says now I am more different, confident etc. Maybe all this thinking process on my individuality has started showing........:tongue

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Thank you and you too have a H W Day...

It might be an eye opener for many...So called rather so made Kudumba thalaivies playing lots of roles...

One thing is undeniable that they have to play some roles..And almost all are playing those. Inevitably, the women are becoming 'superwomen', I believe.

When it comes to me, I never missed giving me little treats of life
    which might have resulted in my stepping out of superwoman category for others(but as far as I'm concerned it is helping me to get back and serve as a superwoman). I believe in being myself. At least, it is our own life. Let us live it on our own style.

Love,
    Oviya.

7. Chitvish

One has to be basically oneself, but compromising wherever & whenever necessary to suit the roles we play, but still retaining our individuality.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear SW

Happy Women's Day........

I go 100% with shanthi's words.........

Even i want to live for me........and practising that now-a-days......at the same time iam doing my duties as wife/mom/daughter/sister/friend.........

So iam also SUPER WOMAN na

Luv

SuperWoman

9. Chitvish

do not ever doubt !
    Besides all that every SW has, you have a very good sense of humour & light uo, as though, any gathering !Big Laugh
    so, I declare hereby, you are a special SW !
    Love,
    Chithra.