1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a superwoman? - Happy Women's Day, Friends!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

about being called super or not ! We must nevertheless do, what comes naturally to us, efficiently & without compromising on the quality of work.Love,
    Chithra.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

HAPPY WOMAN'S DAY TO YOU TOO SuperWoman! You are one good eg of a superwoman, what with all the things you seem to be doing on IL and outside!:bowdown

Well i too agree with this statement of yours....."Fixing targets for us is like tying a stone to the legs of a soaring bird! A woman unfettered by targets can surpass all expectations in every field of her activity, as a professional, as a housewife, as a mother, as a friend, whatever!"

I believe this is the best.....if we can just live as we want and as we are, then we are able to rise to any expectation without actually trying! Isn't it!?

3. Chitvish

as if I was fishing for compliments !No, please.
    Doing our job, our way, but to the best of our ability - this should be followed conscientiously. Then every woman is a super-duper woman !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra
    HAPPY WOMAN'S DAY
    Why to mention so many people around us Chitra when we have a superwoman right here.........Dear Chitra when we have you here no need of any one else, a perfect housewife which I can tell just sitting down here reading your posts, which you write about your daily experiences, each and everything coming out from your heart, a great cook, a great writer, some one who is always ready to help, Gives us slokhas its meaningsetc etc............
    Super write up dear.
    Love
    Aruna

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Happy Womens Day...

What is the difference between a Women and a Superwomen???
    Whatever you have mentioned like being a torchbearer, companion, mother etc... is a natural process, once you get married and have children... Only if you excel in that... ie., you and your family are united, happy and growing, you are a successful women... Only if you are successful, then you come into the category of SW...

For being a SW, you need not have to be a public personality... Most of the great public personalities do not have a high personal life... Balancing public and personal life is an art... and very few people have masterd that.... So we have to decide what we want to do....

"I am neither a champion nor a conqueror nor idol, least of all, a heroine! But very often, my husband would like me to be one, to suit his needs!"

Here i would like to slightly disagree... For every husband, his DW is supposed to be a super heroine only... That shows the true love and affection between them and the strength of the marriage... If he start thinking of somebody else, then the marriage is gone...

So, dear Chitvish, you are one of the great SW... and a great heroine for a great Man, Mr. Vish...

My concept is, If I dont expect from my wife... from whom else should I have to expect things.... I am not saying it should be a one way traffic... But it should not be a no entry...

These are absolutely my personal views only.... May be I am wrong........

Veda

6. Chitvish

But, please do not single me out. Every one is a superwoman, in her own way - there is no yardstick !
    Do not judge me by my interaction in IL - my family will beg to disagree !:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

I loved your words. Yes, for every man, his wife should be the superwoman & vice versa.
    If only men & women stop comparing & complaining, the world will be a better place, right?
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Your post brought a smile to my face :) I myself have experienced some, if not all, of the situations you have quoted. But, I can absolutely relate to all of them 'cos I've seen how much my mom struggled / struggles, juggling roles.

I think it is better to set expectations VERY CLEAR right from the beginning, of one's strengths and weaknesses and that our needs and health are important too, esp in the case of working women. Times are changing now...but a lot is yet to change !

I would also, to some extent, blame ourselves, I mean - women, for this dilemma. On one hand, we want to be recognized in all fields, esp in corporate sector, equal to men. We want high salaries, high flying careers, promotions etc. But this also means, we need to work long hours in office akin to men !!! It is all about 'equality' and 'fair play' you see!
    I have myself seen some of my women colleagues who, many times unnecessarily, stay long hours at work / answer official emails in unwieldy hours, just to 'impress' and prove that they are working 'hard' too, like their male counterparts!!! They undertake frequent official trips, leaving children in day care etc! One woman I know, went to office, till the day prior to her baby delivery, 'cos it was appraisal time and she didnt want to lose out on promotion and salary and postponed her maternity leave till the last minute literally!

Despite being a woman myself, I believe that a woman's top priority shd be home and family and not office at all times. Only when this realization exists, can one prioritize clearly. Not to say, men shdn't care abt home at all !! But there has to be a balance and a sense of priority. It is about taking onus of one role - breadwinner / homemaker, while helping the spouse in his/her role.

In families that I've seen, where both husband and wife are working, the stress levels seem higher than ones where only husband is working. The women here are anything but superwomen, as they are squeezed of time and energy. The men, on the other hand, do realize that their wife's income means possibly additional comforts, but are not willing to share household duties. Very strange scenario...as both parties dont know what they are after ultimately!!!

Cheers
    Pavithra

9. Chitvish

But now that career also comes a woman's way, she wants the best of both worlds.I feel, my generation had things "spelt out" more clearly & we had less problems in some areas !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

hmm chith...I agree that sometimes, following set 'rules' makes life simpler indeed !! I suppose each generation envies the other one for some reason or the other. I am jealous that you all - my mom's gen I mean - are such efficient home-makers. And I suppose - correct me if I am wrong - women of my generation are envied for the liberty - financial and otherwise - (not just aduppoodum penn I mean) that we seem to be enjoying !! I can honestly admit that I cannot do full justice to home as long as I have a career to balance !!!

Nice post...got me thinking on this eternal dilemma yet again...

Love
    Pavithra