Are you a grand mom? Get together here!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Induslady, May 6, 2007.

1. vidyaubba

vidyaubba Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am very happy:) to see this thread hats off. On Dec 21 on ly my grandson Aryan kutty born i am very proud and happy to join in this grand mom forum, only 21/2 months old cute little boy.:)

Vidya Ram

2. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I too am joining this august company. Am a g'mom to 5 handsome grandsons.
    Life is wonderful when they are around and they keep me on my toes (good for me)!
    The oldest is 10 years old and the youngest is 4 years old.

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi all!

I came to this thread more than a year ago and somehow quite forgot all about it...

Now I have come to give an update... Avyay is now 3 years and 4 months and we now have a cute grand-daughter Nivriti born on 10th Jan 2010...

We are enjoying life to the hilt with the two little ones... Avyay chatters away nineteen to the dozen with his 'Mazhalai'. He goes to Montessori school. Nivriti has started recognising faces and gives a sweet smile...

Waiting to hear from the others,

Love,
    Padma

4. leilarm

leilarm New IL'ite

Yes I'm a grandmother too. they are Rachna who is at the University now and Sanjana who is in grade 11 here . They, when they were born added a new meaning to my life and still do.They still enjoy my cooking mainly because they were preteens when we moved over here and that keeps me busy. They still enjoy my birthday cakes too.
    Leila

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

What a lovely thread!! Though I joined IL two years ago, now only I saw this wonderful thread.
    I am the grand mom of 4 grand kids. Two grand sons
    Aditya and praveen. they are the sons of my daughter jithiks who is also a member of this forum. Both are studying in US and come in all the exams with flying colours. Pranav, the son of my second son. He is in Baharain. My DIL Sharada is also the member of this forum. Latest addition is my cute little grand daughter. daughter of my second son.She is five months old. Mahalakshmi of our house.
    with love
    pad

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

I happended to see this thread recently. I am a grand mom of two beautiful children of my two sons. First son is having a beautiful daughter named sahaana who is 2 1/2 years old and our second son is having a son named samyukt who is 4 1/2 years old. Sahaana was born after six years. we were with them until they are independant to put in the day care and shifted to our own house at kochi. Now all holidays they both are coming to kochi and be with us without their parents and some times we too go to their place to meet them. god is great.

ganges

7. premasudharao

premasudharao New IL'ite

hi
    i have become grandmom recently my son is blessed with a girl baby .her name is anvitha .she is very cute and very lovely.i had been to my sons house in bangalore and stayed to look after my 5months old grand daughter oh it is really a blessing i am a proud grand ma .when i was married and had my son my father in law used to say that it is really very great to be a grand parent. He used to say that the affection towards the kid is really much more than we have towards our own kid, and i have experienced it now, it is so nice to be with the child.i am longing to see her my husband is working in nagapattinam and we are not able to stay with my son.But i long to be with her.:hiyaWe are going over to see her in the next week i am counting the days to see her just like a kid

8. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Re: Will be Patti soon!

An expectant father wanted to have a daughter, but got a son instead. When asked about how he felt, he said, 'It's true that I wanted a daughter. However, a son was my second choice, so it is fine.'

May be you can have one of each. Both hands full sort of. In that case you may need four hands like Lakshmi for diaper changing.

At least they will be Patti trained from the beginning!
    Arunadhri

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

hi friends
    i am very happy to introduce myself as paati of three grand sons.my elder son was blessed with a son after 8yrs.of his marriage.my grand son's name is KRISHNANDAN and i am going to australia next week to see him.my only daughter has two sons.the first boy's name is MADHAVAN and the 2nd boy's name is RAGHAVAN.krish was 10days elder to raghav and we were happy to have 2 grandsons within a week's time.i went to newjersey to help my daughter in jan. and returned to india in may. because of these grandsons paatis have chances to visit various countries.thanks to my perans.