Are you a grand mom? Get together here!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Induslady, May 6, 2007.

1. ushasubramanian

ushasubramanian New IL'ite

hello,

I am not a grandma. I am only a mother now.

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sure Gowri,

Thank you ya, for your wishes.Bow

3. Chandra25

Chandra25 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies'
    I'm a grandma too.My granddaughter Akhila is completing 3 yrs in Jan 09.She was with thatha and patti for nearly 15 months from the 9th month cos her mom is an Architect and working in S'pore.After her 2nd b'day she was with her parents.The time she was with us was full of fun and enjoyment ..all they do and talk. Really one forgets all their sorrows when the kids r there.We really miss her a lot. She goes to childcare and she is a big chatterbox now. At present I'm enjoying with my
    granddaughter in S'pore.
    Regards,
    Chandra25.bonk

4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi!

Just saw this thread today. I'm a grandmom too! Avyay Rajaram is a lively 2 year old, who is the bundle of joy in our lives . What a treat to listen to his 'mazhalai' as he repeats whatever we say. I'm 'Adama paati' and my DH is 'thatha eeniaach' (for Srinivas). My DIl chose to go through her confinement under my care, my sambandhi's mom helped me for the first 40 days. So Avyay has been under our care from day one, when we first our first glimose of him when he was proudly brought out of the labour room in my son's arms.

Padma

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi all,

this is very interesting site. but i wondered why there is no communication for a long time. I am a new ilite and I too a grandma for two beautiful children. They are 4 and 2 years old. Samyukt and sahaana.

I am having two sons, and i remembered how strict i was with them in their behavior and studies. But my mom and MIL were little upset with me for this. When both the children are well educated and settled, everybody in my family appreciated me( my husband believes in leaving the children on their own) for their success.

Now the same thing is happening to my grand kids and i am feeling exactly like what my moms were felt. I dont know why, but now I love my grand kids more than my sons and DILs.

I think the feelings to become a grand parent is equal or more than that of a parent.

Please share your opinions.

ganges

6. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

oh how i didnt come across this site all these days. this site is really intresting . i am grandmothre too. i have a grand daughter Maya who is 6 yrs old and a grand son Yukta who is 3 yrs old.i enjoy them .

7. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Welcome Chithra,

to this wonderful site and this sub-forum.Unfortunately this thread has not been as active as we wanted it to be, but doing our level best to pitch in...:cheers.Nice to hear about your g.kids.Have three, Nikita, Adhyanth and Neel.:)

8. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Thankyou Kaluputti Nice to hear about your grand children,Some how we must make this thread going. As it is nice to know about grand children and share our thoughts about them and our experiences.

9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Sure Chithra,

since I live near my daughter and take care of my g.son, whenever she is not around.I always look around for ways and means to keep him occupied.Actually I love kids and am the happiest, when, around kids.:)May be we can plan 'play dates' within the location and get together sometime!:idea

10. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Dear Kaluputty sure we can do that. i do enjoy my grand daughter . while i am with her i for get all my worries and she is too good a story teller. i enjoy her stories . and my grand son he is soo naughty but fun to be with. :)