Are you a grand mom? Get together here!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Induslady, May 6, 2007.

1. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Re: I have become a Paati!

Dear Rajmiarun,Sharadha,Sunkan and Krishnamma,

Thanks a lot for your wishes.Its a wonderful feeling to be a patti and am going to make the most of it i guess..
    We have named her Maanya....meaning respected or worthy of honour.

Once again many many thanks for all your kind wishes.

Latha Sasidharan
    :wave

2. mrinals

mrinals New IL'ite

Ya ofcorse i'm Ananya"s grand mom. she is 5 years old & now with her parents in delhi.My amma always used to criticise why we grandchildren always loves our granny more than our amma.I think she came to kno the meaning of that after she got her share from 8 grand children. Now i also understand Because the flow of love towards a grand child is entirely different for everyone.
    when me & akku ( anaaya) are alone we always visits shopping malls, music stores & ofcorse haldiram outlet also.
    here now i"m waiting for next visit....

3. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Weird that I have missed this thread, for so long, though had requested for one in the first place.Haven't I proved my age now?bonk

Though I became a MIL in my 46th year, could become a gran'ma only after 5 years.And then there were two in quick succession, and here I am with three, two g.sons and one g.daughter.All from my son and daughter!It sure is a different experience from handling kids to g.kids.

Thank you Induslady for starting this sub-forum.Looking forward to g.parenting ideas and experiences in the coming days!:-D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  4. Kalasri

Kalasri New IL'ite

Hi
    Iam a proud grandma. should the grand parents give their opinions. suggestions, advises to their son or daughter while they bring up their children?
    For example A, the grand mother feels that the child c,the grand son should be given oil bath and B, A's daughter objects.
    please give your views:coffee

5. kaluputti

Welcome to the band kalasri!I happened to see your post first, so let me give mine before trotting on.....!In my opinion, it is yes and no!'Yes', when they ask you straight about something they want to know, and 'no' to volunteer and still a firm 'NO' to impose it on them.

For one reason, the present generation parents are smart, because of the exposure they had since childhood.And secondly,there is information explosion such as from internet, friends, books etc.New studies,theories come up every hour, so they want to verify everything before doing anything, since they want to make doubly sure that everything would be alright.

Most importantly, I feel that we have had our innings, didn't we?It is better to sit at the pavilion and watch, and allow them to have a go at it, gearing up ourselves to give a helping hand, when they really need us.We should give enough space for them to exercise their own choice in matters like 'giving oil bath' etc.

Honestly speaking, many a times, I have wondered, watching my children bring up the g.kids, as to 'why I didn't do that?'And there are times too when they come to me for suggestions.So it is time for us to sit back and relax ,relax and relax!:cool2:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Can I reply too?, Y? I am kollu patti for many here :mrgreen: thats why..

Seriously, very nice to see so many of them and how blessed we are to have them all here and get their valuable advice when needed !!!

Happy Grandparenting, Ladies !!!!!

7. kaluputti

That's funny, nandshyam!In my imagination you are in your thirties(...early only....he..he..)May be from what I read you sound like my younger sister ,whom we used to call as 'patti' during our childhood...l...ooooooo.ng time back, 'cause she used to butt in ,say or do everything before anyone.Big LaughAm just kidding....!We have been taught way back 'periyor ellam periyor alla,siriyor ellam siriyor alla', wasn't it?Welcome, and let us all benefit together.:biggrin2:

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

RantRantNoooooooo.. getting there to 30.. not yetttt madameee...:biggrin2::mrgreen: :biggrin2:

very true... I am like your sister only ... try to say or do something even before they ask for it..

Nandri Nandri

9. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Waaw Gowri,

:hatsoff I have to note down all your points. sure they will help me in near future.:thumbsup Thank you so much for such advice.

10. kaluputti

Thank you sumathi,
    have been gran'ma only for the past 4 1/2 years, am yet to learn a lot.I wish you to share with me your wisdom, when the time comes for you to...:wink:...!!!And a lot more from a whole bunch of gran'mas here!