Are women partially responsible for maintaining male dominance in our society ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Romantic2014, Nov 17, 2014.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

And what should I do about it?

3 people like this.
  2. Romantic2014

Romantic2014 Bronze IL'ite

With due respect to our friend tashidelek2002 , and lauding her for the kind of life she has accepted , I want to add, probably , that's not the life, that everyone dreams.

1 person likes this.
  3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Not everyone can have children, not everyone is living in a relationship. You can live a good life even if you do not have children/spouse around you. You can spend your salary on yourself (charity), you can build up your family with friends and their children.

I have children myself but no spouse and I enjoy my life. I love to be alone, travel, going to museums and theaters. I have invested for my old days (pension, savings etc). At some point I will found a lawyer or similar to be my power of authority to take care of things when I am not anymore capable. I completely refuse to move in with my adult children because then I would loose my freedom. When I am really old I will be in a nursing home. I hope they have internet connections there at that time, I will sit in a rocking chair, going through my fb pictures and remember all the good times of my life.

6 people like this.
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

We cannot control what God has in store for us. It is not my fault or my family's that they are dead....it is just the way it is. I refuse to let fear make me chase situations and relationships that will not be good for me.

6 people like this.
  5. CrayoNess

Much better to be alone than in a bad relationship.

1 person likes this.
  6. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Then why do we advice women to compromise in many aspects and not fight for our rights?

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I cannot generalise here.In my case it was their "prestige" and "following the principles" more than what is good for the daughter.I am guilty of bowing to such things and abetting male dominance.

I have seen parents who value their daughter's wellness more than anything in this world.Blessed are those people.

sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  8. CrayoNess

In a relationship you have to make compromises and especially if there are children involved you have to very carefully try to keep the family together. But no-one should accept abuse, violence, addictions or totally emotionless relationships.

sindmani and coolgal123 like this.
  9. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Yes ,I agree with you CrayoNess! In a relationship you have to make compromises, that
    does not mean taking the abuse. Respect comes from both sides. You can't love or
    respect to people who are not loving and respecting you. It does not work one sided.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

In a sense aren't many married women (in our society) on their own? They are told by their parents that their place is in their marital home, they are outsiders in the marital home. The man has his parents and pil too, to support him. What about the women? Aren't they in a way standing up for themselves and fighting the battle of life all on their own? Despite everything?

sindmani, coolgal123, Rajeni and 3 others like this.